All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button? Empty
PostSubject: Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button?   Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button? Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 7:08 pm

I just build a tow boom on my ss15 sears got it all built and working, the only issue im having is the winch wont hold the load it has no problem lifting a nose of another tractor but as soon as you let off the button it releases it back to the ground Mad
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button?   Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button? Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 7:28 pm

Apperently your winch either doesn't have a brake, or it isn't functioning
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button?   Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button? Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 7:46 pm

yea it sux i at need one that has a brake that will hold i got 2 winches but both look like that have same internals when i looked
Back to top Go down
FOSWMT
FOSWMT

PostSubject: Re: Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button?   Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 3:46 pm

This is interesting I had no idea there was two types I want to use my MTD in a wood so was thinking a winch would be good . I suppose this means I have to look harder at what comes up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendsofspeckledwood.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button?   Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why does my winch release and unwind when I let go of the button?
Page 1 of 1