All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Happy Holidays!

Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
btractor155
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Empty
PostSubject: Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor   Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm

im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor but dont know what to do to get more power scratch
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator
Doug

Forum Rep : 71

PostSubject: Re: Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor   Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Nothing really. If youre looking for speed, you need a pulley swap. More torque, get bigger pulleys and a perfect 1:1 ratio.

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
btractor155
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor   Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 am

Doug Fackler wrote:
Nothing really. If youre looking for speed, you need a pulley swap. More torque, get bigger pulleys and a perfect 1:1 ratio.

thanks for the tip
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Prybar
Prybar
dangeroustoys56

PostSubject: Re: Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor   Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Cheep/power/speed dont mesh well - to truely get decent power from a Vtwin - speed parts, just like on a car and they cost some cash.

Flatheads push more power because it was before EPA regs, todays Vtwins however and gagged down and slow to be more enviromentally freindly.

If its for non mowing stuff, id adapt a motorcycle or snowmobile carb to it - thatll be a big step - on the stock carb, adding a KN air filter will allow a lil more oomph, more to a bike/sled carb. Also adding a foot gas throttle will be more responsive.

More power adders is to change the valve train , pistons, ect.

To put it in perspective, ive seen racing lawntractors with severely modded 21HP vtwins push 70- 80HP - thats near triple digit speeds on a tractor....
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor   Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:43 pm

WellThatsSuprising wrote:
Because there totally isn't a thread right below yours about just that topic.

Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Isyous10

Aren't V-twins OHV not flathead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
dangeroustoys56
Prybar
Prybar
dangeroustoys56

PostSubject: Re: Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor   Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Vtwins have the valvetrain over the piston - OHV - flatheads have the valvetrain next to the piston/inside the motor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor   Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im trying to get more power out of my 18 hp vtwin motor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Engine Tech :: Briggs and Stratton-
Jump to: