All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

wheel wobbles

Go down 
+2
Chopperhed
maxrpm1224
6 posters
AuthorMessage
maxrpm1224
maxrpm1224

wheel - wheel wobbles Empty
PostSubject: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2013, 4:22 pm

when i put 22x10 kenda tires on the rear of my murray it was awsome but over the past few days ive notice my 18x8 that is up front started to wobble Mad not a little bit but like crazy its my front right its and 8in rim but theyre old like from the 70s im hoping its an easy fix. tell me if its happened to your or you know how to fix it thanks
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2013, 4:47 pm

Something is worn out, probably a tie rod, but possibly the spindle and/or bushing.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2013, 7:23 pm

does the front have bearings in the wheel or no? could be a lack of luberication or worn tie rod and or where the spindle go's through the axle. or the axle piviot point could be loose
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2013, 8:20 pm

The rims could be worn where they ride on the spindle - rear rims werent designed to spin on an axle - theyre ment to be solid mounted and spin with the axle.

The one spindle could be worn slightly also on that one side causing the wobble. Best bet id say is to save up for some bering hubs and different rims or a set of front 8" rims off a GT mower ( which are larger).

Or have the wheel fall off unexpectedly...

Back to top Go down
maxrpm1224
maxrpm1224

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2013, 9:19 pm

ok thanks i think it just a lack of lube or something its not the whole spindle moving its just the wheel ill work on it thanks
Back to top Go down
Tuffy55

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2013, 4:07 pm

i bought 4 bronze bushings for my front tires and it rolls a heck of a lot better
Back to top Go down
maxrpm1224
maxrpm1224

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2013, 8:04 pm

figured out its a bent spindle i got to heat it and bend it back tongue
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
CornShuck4CE

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2014, 8:02 am

The best thing iv come up with for front wheels are. I found a murray GT commurtial industrial. The front wheels are 8 inch by luke 6 inches wide and it runs a bushin for front applacation. I found bearings that replace the bushings. So as long as you keep grease in them. They work. And takes out alot of slack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheel wobbles   wheel - wheel wobbles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wheel wobbles
Page 1 of 1