All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them? Empty
PostSubject: What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them?   What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2010, 9:44 pm

I blew up my motor and I got a new one but I don't know how to hook up the charging system. My old motor's one only had one wire and now the new motor has two wires, a red one and a black one, does anyone know how to hook this up thanks?
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them?   What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2010, 9:50 pm

theres two wires, black, and red, my engines stator was like that too but when i put a new stater on it had two wires. Ok the black wire, you just run straight to any lights, but don't have it connected to the dc circuit cause the black wire is ac current and the red is dc. the red wire should also have a capacitor or diode built on the wire, well don't remove the diode cause its needed to charge the battery right. so just connect the red wire to your old red wires charging circuit. its what i done to mine, if you need a video i think i have one on my youtube channel, motorhead45102, well heres the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2lsI6BjGqE

just watch the video im sure it will help you.
Back to top Go down

What do the two wire from a stator do and where do I connect them?
Page 1 of 1