All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Brake idea, using existing brake.

Go down 
+8
TroyBilt Pony
k2500life
FOSWMT
dked41
Murray modder
Stretch44875
CornishMorgan
Doug
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FOSWMT

Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake idea, using existing brake.   Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 12:07 pm

Would it be possible to see your bracket and the parts separately please as would like to have a go at making this .

k2500life wrote:
The rotor and caliper came off of a pocket rocket and I mounted the caliper by making an adapter plate using the original caliper mounting bolts and I tooled the original disc and bolted the new one up any more q's happy to answer them
Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Image88
Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Image89
Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Image90
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendsofspeckledwood.org.uk
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Brake idea, using existing brake.   Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 3:18 pm

Um I'll have to take it apart but ill see what I can do
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
CornShuck4CE
CornShuck4CE

PostSubject: Re: Brake idea, using existing brake.   Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2014, 12:26 am

I used old car brake shoes on a peerless mst 206 thay had about 1/8 inch break pad left on them cut the shoe down to size and whala insta better brakes works good still in it today and thats been about 8 months ago. Love the tandem axel chain idea. The factory caliper setup works great for me. The car breaks take alot more abuse and are made for the high speed braking. I made a hand brake from the deck lift componets of a murray widebody. And some dech ingagement linkeges. Works awsome. Good luck
Back to top Go down
B440
B440

PostSubject: Re: Brake idea, using existing brake.   Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2014, 8:44 am

Keeping the chain tight may be a problem. It would spin both directions, so you would need two spring-loaded tensioners. And you would be going around the front axle, so the sprocket would have to be large enough for the chain to clear the axle.
Back to top Go down
jonjunk
jonjunk

PostSubject: Re: Brake idea, using existing brake.   Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2014, 3:17 pm

I was hoping to do hydraulic brakes with my handlebar mod in the future! I already have the master cyl.
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
CornShuck4CE

PostSubject: Re: Brake idea, using existing brake.   Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2014, 4:13 pm

I have the hydrolic brake componets off of a china made atv that i plan to put on my 820 1 inch axel shaft i plan on placing it on axel and biulding a mount transaxel or fram to mount it. Just need to lock it first so the brakes transfer to other side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake idea, using existing brake.   Brake - Brake idea, using existing brake. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake idea, using existing brake.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2