All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Empty
PostSubject: R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff   rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2013, 11:01 pm

I was thinking of this while I was taking apart a snowblower that was given to me, what if you were to take a transmission from a rear engine rider lawn tractor(the ones that have a chain drive on the output side of the transmission, the same thing that Fearless Front used for his Lifted Toro mudder) and then use a Snow blower Auger drive system and use that for a rear differential for a lawn tractor, allowing it to be easier to lift in one way,the rear end is already locked and less slippage of the belts. Also then you can make a rear suspension just like a truck, car, etc. and you can run leaf springs in the rear, coils, etc. independent suspension, etc.

The only problem I see if anyone was to attempt this is would the snowblower auger be strong enough and handle the weight and abuse.

rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff 288-blower2

rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Peerlesstrans
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff   rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2013, 11:35 pm

W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:
I was thinking of this while I was taking apart a snowblower that was given to me, what if you were to take a transmission from a rear engine rider lawn tractor(the ones that have a chain drive on the output side of the transmission, the same thing that Fearless Front used for his Lifted Toro mudder) and then use a Snow blower Auger drive system and use that for a rear differential for a lawn tractor, allowing it to be easier to lift in one way,the rear end is already locked and less slippage of the belts. Also then you can make a rear suspension just like a truck, car, etc. and you can run leaf springs in the rear, coils, etc. independent suspension, etc.

The only problem I see if anyone was to attempt this is would the snowblower auger be strong enough and handle the weight and abuse.

rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff 288-blower2

rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Peerlesstrans

You could run a suspension without the RAGB off a snowblower using a RER transmission.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff   rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2013, 8:44 am

Auger is probably plenty strong, being a worm drive it is really slow speed.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff   rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2013, 11:15 am

i know you can run suspension off a RER Transmission but it would most likely be chain drive to the axle, you can run rear suspension off a transmission on most lawn tractors(independent rear suspension off of each side and have U-joints and custom make hubs, etc.).
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff   rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2013, 12:49 pm

W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:
i know you can run suspension off a RER Transmission but it would most likely be chain drive to the axle, you can run rear suspension off a transmission on most lawn tractors(independent rear suspension off of each side and have U-joints and custom make hubs, etc.).

Good idea but I'm not skilled enough to even think about doing that. Ill leave this to the experts to attempt. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff   rear - R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.E.R Transmission and Snow Blower Auger Rear Diff
Page 1 of 1