All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?   belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 12:16 pm

another option is finding a Big #50 sprocket, and having it drilled to match the bolt pattern of the ATV sprocket, but that won't be cheap.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?   belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 1:01 pm

Yeah, but I can't find a racing clutch for the #50 size either. So guess I'm stuck on #40/41 size
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?   belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 1:03 pm

Yeah i never seen racing cluch for #50 chain.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?   belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 1:56 pm

I had to run #40 from the clutch to the jackshaft

Its a Hilliard Extreme Duty clutch so it should hold up OK.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?   belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 2:04 pm

My plan was to have the clutch on the jack shaft.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?   belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2013, 9:45 pm

Chopperhed wrote:
I had to run #40 from the clutch to the jackshaft

Its a Hilliard Extreme Duty clutch so it should hold up OK.

They burn easy, so you better hit the pedal to the metal fast.

The toughest Hilliard is rated to 13hp I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?   belt - Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can I guide my belt to one side? Without loosing to much power?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2