All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
Site under minor construction...
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

 

 hi new on here need4speed

Go down 
+3
motorizedeverything
MowBandit
need4speed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
need4speed
New Member
New Member


Age : 57
Join date : 2013-05-31
Posts : 1
Forum Rep : 0
Location : nw lower mich

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:05 am

just like to say hello and I just got a 1998 mtd yard man 14.5 ic motor 7 speed trans any ideas to speed or modifie it would be greatly apreaceated thank,s
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
MowBandit

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-03-16
Posts : 477
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Haddock,Georgia

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:35 am

@need4speed wrote:
just like to say hello and I just got a 1998 mtd yard man 14.5 ic motor 7 speed trans any ideas to speed or modifie it would be greatly apreaceated thank,s
welcome to the fourm but your posting in the wrong section and your mower is a 7speed so it must be a vari drive system
1:bumpers
2:gas pedal
3:locked transaxle
4:beer holder (a must LOL)

Back to top Go down
motorizedeverything
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
motorizedeverything

Age : 23
Join date : 2013-01-02
Posts : 356
Forum Rep : 0

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:02 am

Jay_Rod wrote:
@need4speed wrote:
just like to say hello and I just got a 1998 mtd yard man 14.5 ic motor 7 speed trans any ideas to speed or modifie it would be greatly apreaceated thank,s
welcome to the fourm but your posting in the wrong section and your mower is a 7speed so it must be a vari drive system
1:bumpers
2:gas pedal
3:locked transaxle
4:beer holder (a must LOL)

jay you fotgot the pully swap
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
Moderator
Moderator
TheRainbowBoxer

Age : 46
Join date : 2012-04-23
Posts : 1069
Forum Rep : 13
Location : Galion, OH

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:26 am

You should dump the vari drive transmission and get a decent geared one... Its not consensus or anything, but one of the favorite transmissions around here is the peerless 820.

_______________________________________________
Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2020 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2020 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2021!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
craftsmancole

Age : 22
Join date : 2013-04-05
Posts : 661
Forum Rep : 1
Location : New Smyrna Beach,Fl

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: yes   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:36 am

Yes, get an 820!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
BoogerWeld
BoogerWeld
Thunderdivine

Join date : 2012-12-21
Posts : 2100
Forum Rep : 2
Location : Norway, Europe

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:05 am

Welcome

_______________________________________________
*Thunderdivine*
My Custom Racing Mower Build
JD210R - Racing Mower, Sidebuild
My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
MowBandit

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-03-16
Posts : 477
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Haddock,Georgia

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:30 pm

@motorizedeverything wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
@need4speed wrote:
just like to say hello and I just got a 1998 mtd yard man 14.5 ic motor 7 speed trans any ideas to speed or modifie it would be greatly apreaceated thank,s
welcome to the fourm but your posting in the wrong section and your mower is a 7speed so it must be a vari drive system
1:bumpers
2:gas pedal
3:locked transaxle
4:beer holder (a must LOL)

jay you fotgot the pully swap
no i didnt forget the pulley swap lol i left it out due to he has a vari drive setup Razz
Back to top Go down
greener179
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
greener179

Join date : 2012-05-31
Posts : 398
Forum Rep : 0

hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Jay pulley swaps work perfectly fine a a vari drive i have pulley swapped many of them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




hi new on here need4speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi new on here need4speed   hi new on here need4speed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
hi new on here need4speed
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Speed, Race, and Drag Tractors-
Jump to: