All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

flathead cam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mudcrazy

flathead cam Empty
PostSubject: flathead cam   flathead cam Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 8:13 pm

ok guys im deciding what cam to run in my 12.5 flathead post what cams you guys have run and what results you got thanks
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

flathead cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: flathead cam   flathead cam Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 8:22 pm

just depends on what you want. i recommend researching heymow and getting quotes from machinists online. Tell them what you want in your motor and they will set you up..
http://smallenginecams.com/
-Tim Isky
http://www.precisioncams.com/mower.html
^ very common.. call them up
If it was me I would go with precision.. Just be sure to call them up and tell them what your going to be doing and the rpms your going to be running and they will help you out..
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-6652?seid=srese1&gclid=CNKgwefR9rgCFZKk4AodgB8A4w These tachs are designed for briggs motors..
Back to top Go down
mudcrazy

flathead cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: flathead cam   flathead cam Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 8:34 pm

thanks i was wondering about tachs im mostly going to mud but i want it to be fast i may not completly disable my govorner ill prob just adjust it till i get about 4500-5000 rpms good power but not as likely to grenade a fly wheel or break a rod. and im still getting the shatter gaurd
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

flathead cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: flathead cam   flathead cam Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 8:37 pm

As i remember your building a race grade motor correct? Id love to see pics of your build.. Sounds like its going to be ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
mudcrazy

flathead cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: flathead cam   flathead cam Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 8:57 pm

im going to build a motor with great low end and good top end i want to mud and still be able to go fast. i cant post pics tonights mowers at a friends house we work on it in his garage. im also going to look into fabbing up ifs for the front
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flathead cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: flathead cam   flathead cam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flathead cam
Page 1 of 1