All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What kind of exhaust mods are there?

Go down 
+6
CMHN
Ford Boi
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
arild365
Thevinnieman92
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

What kind of exhaust mods are there? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 3:51 pm

Hey i was just trying to get some ideas for exhausts what do you guys use or recomend i want it to be quite but still sound nice.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 4:12 pm

well on torque (my craftsman) i got just some 1 inch water pipe probably a foot and a half long with just one elbow and just a old briggs exhaust at the end that ive added extra holes for less back pressure. she sounds like a quad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 5:25 pm

Nice i use to have a set-up sorta like that but mythreads in the block wore out so now i have a quad exhaust pipe that bolts right up but sadly i have no bolys for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 12:01 am

I normaly use stock exhaust on my mowers but i drill them out just a bit for some sound.
Or for fun sometimes i run my open header pipe i bought for racing mowers on G-team racing.
Back to top Go down
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 12:04 am

I know this is off topic but that mower in ur pic is awesome are those 31s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 12:15 am

Thevinnieman92 wrote:
I know this is off topic but that mower in ur pic is awesome are those 31s

Thats not my mower but i had one just like it but it just had big stock lawn mower tires on it.

I couldn't afford to buy them tires just for a mower! Laughing
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 6:44 am

Well, most motors ( specially teccys) need some sort of back pressure to keep from frying the valves - id say use a smaller diameter pipe near the block, then open it up with a few bends - best length ends somewhere near the middle/end of foot rests.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 11:49 am

Anyhting with backpressure.

I wouldnt run a straight pipe. esepcially a short one. You get a deeper note from a muffler of some kind.
On my mudder, I used two of tthose small 'sausage' mufflers you got on 7/8 hp briggs. One off each cylinder.

Sounds so much better than a straight pope, and very litle backfires too
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 1:57 pm

lol yeh take it from me! you dont want to JUST straight pipe it unless you want half the neighbourhood complaining about it! i'll try find the time to make a comparison video of my 7HP mount field, which currently has no exhaust, ill do one with a 150mm pipe and then a car exhaust and finally a car pipe exhaust(no muffler/silencer)

you'll notice the difference... trust me!
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2010, 10:36 pm

I tend to run the stock B&S 'quiet package' mufflers, sound good but aren't too quiet, and still give plenty of power, sometimes I put on a shorty strait pipe on my 12.5 just to make a racket, and of course on my Rally I've got a full system right to the rear fender, 1" into 1 1/2" with a 2 3/4 " tailpipe featuring a 2" tractor-style muffler, sounds very good, fairly quiet but a nice deep tone like you would get from a large ATV (400-500 cc) I gave up using the threaded iron pipes, if you don't tack each joint they fall apart and they leak and always caused me trouble.

OH... BTW I live in the sticks so my neighbors know better than to complain lol. I make a racket every day with louder things than a 1-banger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 12:20 am

Ford Boi wrote:
I tend to run the stock B&S 'quiet package' mufflers, sound good but aren't too quiet, and still give plenty of power, sometimes I put on a shorty strait pipe on my 12.5 just to make a racket, and of course on my Rally I've got a full system right to the rear fender, 1" into 1 1/2" with a 2 3/4 " tailpipe featuring a 2" tractor-style muffler, sounds very good, fairly quiet but a nice deep tone like you would get from a large ATV (400-500 cc) I gave up using the threaded iron pipes, if you don't tack each joint they fall apart and they leak and always caused me trouble.

OH... BTW I live in the sticks so my neighbors know better than to complain lol. I make a racket every day with louder things than a 1-banger.

Sweet, i set off a fire cracker and the guy next to me complans! Rolling Eyes
He was like ( can't be shooting guns around here with house's and stuff) and i'm like it's a fire cracker and he's like yeah rite..., i hate neighbors! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 12:47 am

Sweet, i set off a fire cracker and the guy next to me complans! Rolling Eyes
He was like ( can't be shooting guns around here with house's and stuff) and i'm like it's a fire cracker and he's like yeah rite..., i hate neighbors! Razz [/quote]

LoL!!! I fire off shotguns and rifles in my yard and run V-8's open headers and such and nobody ever says a word! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 5:19 am

Sounds like you got a good deal. Ive got neighbours, but to be honest, I can make as much noise as I want within reason. Cool
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 8:48 am

Im one for a quiet exhaust. I like quite bikes, cars, and trucks. Just me I guess. Dont get me wrong, I love the sound of some of the hot rods with the deep tone, but they just give me a headache if I ride in them for to long. Im gonna build an exhaust for my tractor that is supper quiet, maybe I can sneak up on some animals in the woods.
Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 10:51 am

My theory has always been, it shouldn't be making any noise unless it's making the power to back it up. Stock car or truck engines should be quite. Now if you have a build V8 or something, then the appropriate exhaust should be used. Appropriate as in quality high-flow mufflers, not straight pipes or glasspacks. The worst sound in the world is a big diesel truck with huge glasspacks on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 12:38 pm

Jamus wrote:
My theory has always been, it shouldn't be making any noise unless it's making the power to back it up. Stock car or truck engines should be quite. Now if you have a build V8 or something, then the appropriate exhaust should be used. Appropriate as in quality high-flow mufflers, not straight pipes or glasspacks. The worst sound in the world is a big diesel truck with huge glasspacks on it.

Your like me, i agree 100%

v8 is really the only thing that i like to hear, stock little 4cylinder honda civics no.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 3:33 pm

Yeah, I hate cars with loud exhausts. Unless you have a nice sounding diesel (gotta be turbo) or something liek a v8, they just sound shit to me.
Shame I have to listen to my brothers exhuast :/
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 11:19 am

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle lol. A stock V-8 sounds good if it's got a good system, but some glass-packs on rotten pipe........nah. And I have rarely heard a stock 4 cyl or 6 cyl sound good with aftermarket exhaust.. Now if you've got a Skyline or an Evo, something with small motor big power, I'd like to hear it. My Celica has sock exhaust minus cat, very quiet but still has tone. My F-250 on the other had, has long-tube headers, Vortex hi-flo mufflers and 3" tailpipes for abut 5 feet, full dual system, stock 302. VERY loud lol. But only with heavy throttle, cruising sounds like nothing more than a stock 302. I also like the fact of quietness inside the vehicle, loudness on the outside.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 4:17 pm

Ive driven a few v8's w/o an exhaust - not for long, but just to get home basically - i like that sound of un corked exhaust - sometimes.....

One time i had to drive my old 75 LTD from the city ( 1hr trip) back home after i ripped the exhaust off it - scared the crap out of some people horsing it a few times Twisted Evil another time my moms 89 crown vic had rusty exhaust manifolds - we had to drive it to a place that we thought they could fix it- but they were too far gone, car was super rusty anyway - so we put the exhaust back on it and sold it. The ride home was a trip tho car sounded wicked with open headers Laughing

Right now my truck has a slight exhaust leak has a lil ' noise'- its like right on the converter about the size of a dime - im not replacing it because its like $700 for a new one- i almost went out with some jb weld to see about patching it- has to cool off first tho.... too hot outside.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 10:02 am

Open headers are so much fun for brief periods of time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ropertractor14
Ropertractor14

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 11:08 am

Had to put a set of pipes on my twin since the muffler rusted out. Couldn't keep the thing cool since the exhaust would keep going back around the shrouds and heat the block up. Now the gases dump underneath which keeps the engine cool, and makes it sound like a harley with drag pipes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GMCsierra1500
Abryant2004

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2018, 11:20 am

Once I finish up my s10 I'll put up a vid of a good sounding v6 it's an 01 4.3 with 3 in back to straight through borla than split into duals. Running a edelbroke ram jet intake cut down to fit the 6 with turbo and manifolds from a syclone.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2018, 12:18 pm

Once again, this is a super old thread that no one is likely to respond to after so long.

Please refrain from reviving dead threads!

"This'll either wake you up or put you to sleep forever!"- Red Green         "Whatever you do you should do right, even if it's something wrong." - Hank Hill

- MTD Off-Road Build
      - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
      - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - Sears LT11 Rat Rod Build *2019 Build-Off Winner!*

Garden Tractor Collection: Allis B-110 x2, 710, 716, & 410 - Wheel Horse 655, 953 & 500 Special - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic, G10 & 1668 Diesel Swapped - Cub 106, 124 & 1000/149 Frankentractor - Ford 120, LGT 125 & 145 - White 1650 Yard Boss - Moto Mower 710-100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of exhaust mods are there?   What kind of exhaust mods are there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of exhaust mods are there?
Page 1 of 1