All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Lifted John Deere Monster Mower

Go down 
+12
the craftsman mudder
mr.modified
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Thunderdivine
motorizedeverything
richie thomas
redlinemotorsportts
TroyBilt Pony
camomanusa
GenevaCustoms
Kel
cumminsbayou
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 5:20 pm

motorizedeverything wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:
motorizedeverything wrote:
what size bolts u need?

I need some like 1/2in thick and 3 or 4 inches long. Tractor supply didn't have any, i think academy has them though. I'll have to see lol.
I have some 1/2" x 4" U bolts. When I was redoing the trailer the sent me double

Are they square at the end? I need some like that but need them pretty soon so probably just be best i buy some.
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 5:27 pm

how much lift did it give you?
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 5:28 pm

cumminsbayou wrote:
redlinemotorsportts wrote:
Your going to need to have bats that come from the chassis to the bottom of the front axle or else the front axle will fold under the tractor. And I think you need to make shackles with two sides Razz

I'm not sure what you mean about bats. Did you do it to yours? And i make the other shackles just don't have them on there.
Bars i ment. stupid phone. and no i didnt because mines a leaf under, not a leaf over like yours. so you need to support the axle so it doesnt flop under it.
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 5:32 pm

cumminsbayou wrote:
Your going to need to have bats that come from the chassis to the bottom of the front axle or else the front axle will fold under the tractor. And I think you need to make shackles with two sides Razz

I'm not sure what you mean about bats. Did you do it to yours? And i make the other shackles just don't have them on there.
Bars i ment. stupid phone. and no i didnt because mines a leaf under, not a leaf over like yours. so you need to support the axle so it doesnt flop under it.
john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Lifted10 this one does fine, its redzz02's friend jamie, redzz said it runs fine and it doesnt have any
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 5:40 pm

i still highly suggest it. Is gunna try to fold under it guaranteed, just not like run over itself when your driving
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 5:46 pm

i still highly suggest it. Is gunna try to fold under it guaranteed, just not like run over itself when your driving
i think if its got the bracket on both sides it would be fine, but idk, ill find out when i do mine lol
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 7:07 pm

richie thomas wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Lifted10 this one does fine, its redzz02's friend jamie, redzz said it runs fine and it doesnt have any
That one looks to have holes going all the way through the leafs. May be i should do that to make it not flop around. Mine had a bolt i was gonna drill a hole in the top of the axle so it would kind center its self up and not just sit on top of the bolt. I'll have to see more later on lol.
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 11:01 pm

Pulled the carbs off the motors. The opposed carb (to the right) has been soaking and put back together. The v twin carb still needs to be cleaned.
john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 13_zps0d5fcc97

Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 8:32 am

cumminsbayou wrote:
richie thomas wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:

That one looks to have holes going all the way through the leafs. May be i should do that to make it not flop around. Mine had a bolt i was gonna drill a hole in the top of the axle so it would kind center its self up and not just sit on top of the bolt. I'll have to see more later on lol.

I was planning on using U-bolts and mount it on top of the axle for mine.
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 10:19 am

LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:
richie thomas wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:

I was planning on using U-bolts and mount it on top of the axle for mine.

Thats what i think i'm gonna do. I don't understand why it wouldn't work boat trailers have them the same way.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 11:20 am

Becuse the main leaf that has the holes and mounting points is a lot thicker then sled skis or golf cart leafs. Also, the beam on the axle isn't center in the rim like trailers, mowers have the spindles that move the beam up making leverage that much more. I'm trying to save you guys headacke, take it from a guy that has done leafs. I experience the axle flex back a little when I go over obsticals. I did leaf under becuse if I did leaf over its like a 5" lift up front.
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 12:15 pm

Looks really good!
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2014, 7:57 pm

I got a little work done today. I got some u bolts to use for now but i'll probably buy some better square ones later, and i got the front tires made up. Front end isn't bolted together the way i want it right now but its just together to get it rolling around and for me to get a idea on how high to lift the rear. haven't gotten the rear tires yet at my house and i'm sure your all tierd of see that stupid truck tire on it lol so i didn't mess with it today.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 11_zps8d236045

I cut up some old rim to make the front tires go on there. I kinda felt that welding the 4 wheeler rims to front keyless mower rims would be a wast so i use regular 8in keyed rear mower rims for it. This way if i wanna put them on the rear of a mower ever i can.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 14_zps0f00f451

I think I have the axle flipped around from stock not like upside down but the back side is now facing the front. I'm gonna try to make it work that way.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 1_zps89f39567

The tires are BALD lol.

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2014, 9:20 pm

Looking pretty decent so far with the leaf springs.
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2014, 10:49 pm

Not a hole lot done lately but i did get the 20hp opposed bolted down to the frame and ready to be started. All i have to do is bolt the carb down. The v twin should run also just need to go buy some jumper cables, its ready to run just like this one bolted to my gt18.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 1_zps0ce9b276

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 11_zps9cc8ec1e

and thats what i'm gonna use for a dash just have a instrument panel with it in one spot.

Back to top Go down
the craftsman mudder

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2014, 11:11 am

Wow! Looks good! Do you have anymore updates?
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2014, 11:06 pm

Well since its been for ever i figured its time for a update. I haven't gotten a hole lot done on it lately other than i got the opposed twin running after i made a pull start for it and replaced the muffler bearings. I also got a set of new leaf springs with longer shackels i can use for more lift. I hope to get the rear lift done pretty soon and order the parts for it.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 1_zps1098bf93

The pull start idea was giving to me by member k2500life. I took a old rim and made it work from there.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 11_zps6cfb6086

and then one of the shackels. I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow of them.
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2014, 10:33 pm

Ok so I haven't forgotten about this thing or any thing. Still need to order the parts. But i did work on it a little this week end till i ran out of welding wire. I will work on the steering as soon as i get some more of it. I got did get the mtd axle swapped in with john deere spindles but no pictures yet.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 11_zps70fd5ea5

Thats how it sits. I made the back lift out of angle iron to get everthing else squared away first. As soon as i figure where the axle need to be i can shorten them. Oh and i had it flipped upside down wen i put the front tires on there and thats why they are backwards lol.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 2_zps271bb711

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 1_zps9d907d05

And i got that thing a few weeks ago and i'm slowly building it into a rat rod racing mower. Ive got the frame boxed in so far. Not sure if i'll put a build thread of it up or not.
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2014, 12:21 pm

cumminsbayou wrote:
Ok so I haven't forgotten about this thing or any thing. Still need to order the parts. But i did work on it a little this week end till i ran out of welding wire. I will work on the steering as soon as i get some more of it. I got did get the mtd axle swapped in with john deere spindles but no pictures yet.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 11_zps70fd5ea5

Thats how it sits. I made the back lift out of angle iron to get everthing else squared away first. As soon as i figure where the axle need to be i can shorten them. Oh and i had it flipped upside down wen i put the front tires on there and thats why they are backwards lol.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 2_zps271bb711

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 1_zps9d907d05

And i got that thing a few weeks ago and i'm slowly building it into a rat rod racing mower. Ive got the frame boxed in so far. Not sure if i'll put a build thread of it up or not.

Looking good Make a build thread for the racing mower It looks cool.
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 10:25 pm

I havent did a hole lot of work on it lately really. I did finish the front end and get some hem joints for it too. How does every one like the old tractor grille? Im thinking about using the hole hood to the tractor cut down on this just not sure yet.
john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 4_zps152038c6

Thats it with 23in dirt devils up front and a 25in super swamper sitting there for mock up but the swampers will be the back tires i'll use.

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 3_zpsbacb328e

john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 2_zps2fb8b155

I have a axle for it just need the bearings to finish the rear end.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 10:28 pm

Your snapchatting k2500 arn't you?! lol
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 10:32 pm

Your snapchatting k2500 arn't you?! lol

I sent that to a bunch of people and they was wtf is that a lawn mower lol. But yeah I think i sent it to him and willis923 though lol.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:39 am

I like the tractor grille, and I would try to use the whole hood, btw what type tractor is that from?
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 10:47 am

I don't know what your gearing plans are, but to keep stress off of the tranny I would sugjest that you keep the stock sprocket and gear it up with pulleys, just to keep stress off of the little tranny.
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 11:09 am

Yep it was a good idea for that pull start eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 2:29 pm

craftsmancole wrote:
I like the tractor grille, and I would try to use the whole hood, btw what type tractor is that from?

It says farmall on the grill so i think thats apart of international? I dont know a hole lot about tractors so i dont know the model number or any thing else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lifted John Deere Monster Mower    john - Lifted John Deere Monster Mower  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lifted John Deere Monster Mower
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next