All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Das Moose approcheth.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Das Moose approcheth. Empty
PostSubject: Das Moose approcheth.   Das Moose approcheth. Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2014, 10:36 pm

Hey guys Moose here, I am 24.625 years old (feel about 50) I am a machinist by training but a roofing roller by job title (long story) I enjoyed watching the mud mower videos on youtube reminds me of all the years I spent skidding logs with my dad on our old craftsman beast of a garden tractor not sure what model it was but I blew the tranny in a way only you guys could understand which was popping the clutch in 3 high at 3600 rpms and watching the front end salute the birds. Good memories :)Dont worry like most of you I still have all the parts somewhere and she will live again as a bogger just as soon as I get back into the overtime this spring! I started loving mowers when my parents inherited a AMF from my grampa who bought a craftsman of the same model we ended up getting after the amf blew a tranny, then the craftsman blew its tranny after years of wheelies, plowing snow, pushing dirt, digging ditches, plowing a garden with a single bottom plow, (1st gear low at 1/4 throttle makes for a long day but I gained a respect for that tractor that will never be found again in the chincy little 1/8" steel plate "hitches" they make today) anywho we have another crapsman now (most new models are crap) that I dont mess with seeing as it is built like a prius and my little massey model 8 that is awaiting a new motor at some point for a bit of a project just to keep me occupied. My favorite little badass of the lawn is a little case 646 that we inherited from my great uncle, it had a original onan in it when we got it however it had to be replaced :(as cool as it sounded it had a tendency to go nuts and try to kill people... So! it got a briggs upgrade back in 08 as a father son project and has been working like a top since then. My end goal for my Craftstein bogger is still pretty up in the air the only thoughts I have now are diesel, possibly a peerless 820 and some nasty tires there may end up being a VW 1.9 turbo diesel and some 4wd involved but that will depend on the overtime this year lol.

Well anyway thats a bit about my lawn tractor history I may be putting the model 8 up for sale at some point and maybe a engine or two but well see,
Till next time guys! Keep your dipstick wet and the powder dry.
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Das Moose approcheth.   Das Moose approcheth. Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2014, 8:54 am

Welcome from Mansfield, OH.
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Das Moose approcheth.   Das Moose approcheth. Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2014, 9:35 am

Welcome!

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Das Moose approcheth.   Das Moose approcheth. Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2014, 12:25 pm

Stretch44875 wrote:
Welcome from Mansfield, OH.

That's not to far, know of any mud mower communities around these parts?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Das Moose approcheth.   Das Moose approcheth. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Das Moose approcheth.
Page 1 of 1