All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Front Spindle Re-enforcement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
biscuit
biscuit

Front Spindle Re-enforcement Empty
PostSubject: Front Spindle Re-enforcement   Front Spindle Re-enforcement Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 6:44 pm

i have a 85-91 craftsman 11hp tractor. i am putting on truck wheels on it. was wonderin if the stock spindles will hold up. was wondering if i should weld a short piece of rebar on them. anyone have a problem with this?
Back to top Go down
rex4x4
rex4x4

PostSubject: Re: Front Spindle Re-enforcement   Front Spindle Re-enforcement Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2011, 3:26 pm

wow ..... looks like this is a question that scares people ...... huh ???
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rex4x4
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Front Spindle Re-enforcement   Front Spindle Re-enforcement Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2011, 6:25 pm

I never even saw this actually..... id say definitely reinforce or build new spindles with tires that big.

On my mod machines im building my own reinforced spindles out of 3/4" steel bolts . Nothing like flying along and have a spindle break on you.

Another good suggestion would be to use bearings in the front wheels- stock steel or plastic bushings would either wear out or cut grooves into spindles ( i have a few that had- and theyre stock).
Back to top Go down
biscuit
biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Front Spindle Re-enforcement   Front Spindle Re-enforcement Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 7:56 am

Well its been a while since I have been here, but I welded the s10 wheels to the stock wheels. I have been using the heavier bushings but I welded bolts to the end of the spindles. got it up to a little over 35. Steering is loose, but it works. prolly won't go that fast again on that rig. but its climbs pretty good. I am doin up a murrat for the ice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Spindle Re-enforcement   Front Spindle Re-enforcement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Spindle Re-enforcement
Page 1 of 1