All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  Empty
PostSubject: How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body    How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2014, 1:38 pm

Hey guys see what everyone does to prep there chassis/body's when painting /priming? I got a ford stripped to bare frame and want to get the rust/grease/oil off it I was gunna have it locally sandblasted but they want $75-100 an hr!
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body    How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2014, 2:02 pm

On my mini tractor frame i used a paint stripper. Youd go thru a lot of them and take a lot of time but probably cheaper. worked good for my app.
How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  13751413
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body    How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2014, 3:09 pm

i stripped a whole mower[frame, body everything ] down in 2 hours with one of these
How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  6071301-21
you can get em at tsc, it lasted me through 3 mowers lol
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Established Member
T-Dub13
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body    How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2014, 3:52 pm

If you want the mower down to all metal 100% then the aforementioned strategies will work. However, I rarely bother with getting ALL the paint off of anything. I usually use a combination of oscillating sander and hand sanding. Just to get the surface smooth and clean. Then just prime it and paint it.

If you need it down to bare metal and don't want to work, then try Strip-Eze paint stripper. And then Naval Jelly to reverse the rust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body    How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Do You's Prep Your Chassis/Body
Page 1 of 1