All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?

Go down 
+3
arild365
dangeroustoys56
SoaresMudder94
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Empty
PostSubject: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 11:16 am

Hey there guys. I'm wondering if I can put a light onto my tractor? Its a pull start with no battery or anything, Is it possible to get a light to work off the motor?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 12:19 pm

The only way would be to use a battery to power the lights- pull starts dont come with a stator under the flywheel unless it came with an electric starter on it- stator charges the battery, most have a separate circut inside ( second wire) to run the lights off the motor, bad thing about those is the lights will brighten and dim as the revs go up and down.

Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 10:06 pm

wouldnt the battery die relle quickly? if i ride at night? like if im out romping all day nn come home during the darkess how long would the battery last on a regualr lawn mower battery?
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 10:46 pm

well lights dont use very much power. Id think that two regular light and a normal lawn tractor battery, It would last at least 2-4 hours. Just a guess. Dont sue me if im wrong! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 11:01 pm

I think i will deffently test that out!. ill put err fully charged nn time how long itll last xD
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 1:38 pm

look for lights that take little power though
i dont have any headlights on mine so i got the great idea of taking the bulbs out of a scrap car we had and i put one on my tractor, as soon as i turned it on it was nice and bright but it instantly killed the motor because it was drawing so much power it took the spark away
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 8:23 pm

A lawn tractor batt and two LED head lights would last probably all day or more.

Back to top Go down
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 11:22 am

LED lights are probably the best choice because they use very little power.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2011, 7:14 am

You could get one of those marine batteries or an optima battery - those things take a beating - just remember to throw it on the charger overnight .

LED's are the best low voltage light - plus are super bright - i hooked up a set of blue LED's on my 85 craftsman - could see that thing quite a distance away- i bota set 5 LED clear lights on clearance at an autoparts store- havent hooked em up yet tho.
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2011, 12:29 am

just do NOT install a strobe light! Me and V8mike93 found this out the hard way. Also if you use any fog lamps use a low watt bulb.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?   How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I put lights on a tractor with no battery?
Page 1 of 1