All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

From Maryland here

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CC4Life
CC4Life

From Maryland here Empty
PostSubject: From Maryland here   From Maryland here Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 10:18 am

Hey all, well here I am.  Thanks to Fearlessfront (Youtube) I have found a new passion for off road mowers.  I intend to start a build of a '93 Cub Cadet 1330 I will be calling the "Cub Claw" lol.  I have been watching and reading up on all sorts of idea's and parts I will need for a successful build so far, so it's only in the planning stages.  I plan to start the build after this summer (2014).  So I'll be sure to keep you all updated and pick your brains for idea's and problems that may arise.

Anyways, I currently live on the Eastern shore of Maryland but just bought a new home in Dover Delaware that I will be relocating to sometime in June, so that will pretty much tie up my summer getting settled in there.  I am a former sport quad racer, I ran a 1999 Honda 400 EX in the 2 stroke 250cc amature class for about 5 years here in Maryland.  I have since had a 4X4 ATV that I am just bored to tears with since my daughters seems to have outgrown going riding and will most likely be selling before my move.  

Since I was young I loved mowers though, I remember riding my dads 12 HP Dynamark through the woods just to... ride through the woods lol when I was like 10.  I even enjoy today riding my mower, of course mostly to cut grass, but I often think of the days when riding through the woods was a blast.  Now here I am at 45, about to build a mower to do just that!  Life is one big circle lol.

Guess I have spilled enough for now, great to be a part of your community and looking forward to picking your brains for my build lol.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

From Maryland here Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Maryland here   From Maryland here Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 10:30 am

Welcome! I like the full circle story, I guess I'm just in the beginning stages. Junk star used to live in Maryland I think, but right now he's moving to Michigan. Get a build underway, we'd love to see some new things!
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

From Maryland here Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Maryland here   From Maryland here Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 10:31 am

Welcome, I looked up that mower and it looks like it has a 12-13 hp Kohler and a hydro. If you want a reliable fast mower you might want to see if you can get a donor mower with a geared axle.
Back to top Go down
CC4Life
CC4Life

From Maryland here Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Maryland here   From Maryland here Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 11:30 am

craftsmancole wrote:
Welcome, I looked up that mower and it looks like it has a 12-13 hp Kohler and a hydro. If you want a reliable fast mower you might want to see if you can get a donor mower with a geared axle.

Yep, 12.5 Kohler and it's been a great engine and still runs like new. The reason I selected the CC as my platform is the Hydro trans is starting to show signs of wear now and the deck is about 3 or 4 years now on borrowed time. I have welded and patched it to the point there isn't much of the original deck left lol.

As for the trans, Hydro's I know there isnt allot you can do to modify them so a mechanical (geared) trans is the way to go I think. I have been looking into the Peerless 820, but want to be sure this is indeed going to be as reliable and durable as it seems before I bite the bullet and buy a new one. I plan on having around 28" ATV serious mud tires on it, so light duty won't do.

I have 2 other mowers, 1 a Craftsman 16 HP that is about 5-6 years old and runs and mows perfect, so this will be my new grass cutter. I also have an old Murry that is in pretty rough shape but that will be my next project mower I think. I was talking to my wife about all of this and she wants one too!  Very Happy  But I will keep my eyes open for a parts mower or 2 over the summer.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

From Maryland here Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Maryland here   From Maryland here Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 11:31 am

welcome to the nuthouse!
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

From Maryland here Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Maryland here   From Maryland here Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 12:15 pm

Welcome to the forum cc4life  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From Maryland here Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Maryland here   From Maryland here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Maryland here
Page 1 of 1