All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Hubs! Any from scratch?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmy wallbanger

Hubs! Any from scratch? Empty
PostSubject: Hubs! Any from scratch?   Hubs! Any from scratch? Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2014, 11:22 pm

Have some 22" atv wheel and tires with a 4x51/2 bolt pattern I want to put on an old 89 mtd . It has keyed rears and bushing fronts . I wonder if I'm making my own spindles is the deck spindles of the blades would work for the front hubs!
Back to top Go down
jonjunk
jonjunk

PostSubject: Re: Hubs! Any from scratch?   Hubs! Any from scratch? Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2014, 11:53 pm

I'm planning on bolting my atv tires to a mower rim cut down to just the center of the rim.

My mower deck spindles are 3 bolt so they wont work, but let us know how yours turns out.
Back to top Go down
jimmy wallbanger

PostSubject: Re: Hubs! Any from scratch?   Hubs! Any from scratch? Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2014, 1:22 am

Thought of bolting through the rim but never liked the way that looks or welding the two . I'd re drill the deck spindles before welding them to make a steering spindle. Is there a homemade spindle section? Also does solve the real wheel . Tractor supply sales a keyed hub for a sprocket I guess that would be a start.
Back to top Go down
MowKartEnvy

PostSubject: Re: Hubs! Any from scratch?   Hubs! Any from scratch? Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2014, 9:13 pm

Try a search to see what vehicles had that bolt pattern. If you're lucky enough to figure that out, hit the boneyards and try to snag some rear brake drums and cut the centers out. I did that that to fit some skid steer tires(?) on my old Sears Suburban. Used the drum centers from and F150. Worked great and the guy Zi sold it to is still running it that way.
Back to top Go down
jimmy wallbanger

PostSubject: Re: Hubs! Any from scratch?   Hubs! Any from scratch? Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2014, 10:24 am

That's an idea. Would post picks but haven't looked into how on here the old 4x4 bolt patterns would work with my mtd deck spendles . And I have an old 20hp mtd with aluminum ones also .
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hubs! Any from scratch?   Hubs! Any from scratch? Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2014, 10:28 am

I was gunna do this but I haven't had anything that has needed them yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hubs! Any from scratch?   Hubs! Any from scratch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hubs! Any from scratch?
Page 1 of 1