All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.

Go down 
+3
Craftsman1998
redlinemotorsportts
Andy from Chenango Forks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy from Chenango Forks
Andy from Chenango Forks

UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Empty
PostSubject: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 2:03 am

I'm Andy... or Andrew if you prefer.

The present: I am currently in the process of clearing a road on some property I own to go deep in the woods.  My goal is to build a tree house/home.  I used to build these when I was a kid, but never anything that was safe enough of the average kid.  Tree House Masters and many other sources have inspired me to take this passion to several levels higher than that.  It'll start out liveable, then grow till I'm happy with the spaces I have to live in.  The ultimate goal is to have something I can share with others who wish to do the same.  Lot's of research- something I'm very good at as a small business consultant/web designer.

I purchased a Sears GT14 to help me do some of the work I plan on doing.  An ATV just didn't seem to be the right way to go.  I'm in the process of working on this now:

UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. P1010908

Here's where I am so far...

UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. IMG_20140518_191325

Since this is going to be used in the woods, I'm not too concerned with perfection.  The body was sanded down and sprayed with etching primer, then a couple cans of spray bedliner.  The front and hood should be done in the next couple days.  The ATV basket was traded for off Craigslist and sprayed with the same bedliner to give the allusion that everything goes together.  

Where I live, you wouldn't believe some of the things that people put out on "garbage day."  Good for me though!  I have a metal futon frame that I'm thinking of converting into an overhead carrier/rack.  Partly because I want to do something different, partly because I want to do something useful, and partly because I want something that might protect me from falling things in the woods. Very Happy Mostly because I want to do something different though.  Smile  Chances are real good that it'll be part of an enclosure when winter comes and I use the tractor to plow or blow the road.  I have the plow, but I'm thinking I'd rather have the blower.  The plow will be helpful when it comes to making the road level...

I'll start a build thread with more pics and some of the things I've been doing.  

Thanks to all of you who started, and made this forum what it is.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Empty
PostSubject: Re: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 7:55 am

very nice tractor sir, those garden tractors make you worry less about the drivetrain breaking, so you can focus on acsessories, sutch as bumpers, atv tires, and everything in between. Nice to see a fellow new yorker, im from the top-middle of the fingerlakes regon, waterloo. Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 8:14 am

Welcome to the forum and very nice work on the tractor
Back to top Go down
dwcopple

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 8:17 am

I have a '61 Massey Ferguson and the plow is much better than the blower for snow moving. We got dumped on here in MI this year and the plow was a lifesaver.
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 8:47 am

thats a cool tractor, it looks cool all black welcome
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 9:55 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:13 pm

Welcome, whats a normal? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.   UGH!  I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UGH! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not normal... something tells me I'll fit in just right.
Page 1 of 1