All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 3:24 pm

Me and my dad are building a speed tractor to have fun with at carshows and around the neighbor hood... All we did is change the engine to a predator 212cc honda clone... Turn around the rear axle... And take out everything like the brake system... Cause we got to mod. It so it will work with the axle turned around... We also took the old Briggs engine... The 3 speed... I will post some pictures... Once I get to my laptop... I also will eventually paint it
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 12:18 am

Did you ever take any pictures of this build? I would love to see any if you have some.

How fast does it go?

Is the steering sloppy on it?
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 12:46 am

I took only a couple pictures...But mostly important parts not really any details... Sorry!... And it goes about 40/45 mph on concreate... And I had so many problems with the steering it wasn't funny!!!
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 12:48 am

Cause I first got the new engine in... And then couldn't go more than 1/4 foot throttle... Then tightened all the steering in it... Tierods, wheels, everything.... Then found I had play in the steering reducer gears... So took the gears off and welded the main ones together... Then had wheel problems... So put spacers between the wheels(washers)... Then found out he rear axle slide around on the frame... So then put more "washers" and that's mostly it... Direct drive stock height huffy caprice that goes 40/45 mph
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:01 am

Carshowkid wrote:
Cause I first got the new engine in... And then couldn't go more than 1/4 foot throttle... Then tightened all the steering in it... Tierods, wheels, everything.... Then found I had play in the steering reducer gears... So took the gears off and welded the main ones together... Then had wheel problems... So put spacers between the wheels(washers)... Then found out he rear axle slide around on the frame... So then put more "washers" and that's mostly it... Direct drive stock height huffy caprice that goes 40/45 mph

I found a nice huffy caprice forsale for $200 OBO up in wisconsin, I am thinking about offering him $100 for it.

I want to put my running 14HP B&S on it and see how fast it will go since the current engine does not run

My only fear is that the engine won't fit and I would have to modify the steering or something

Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build 00g0g_10
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:07 am

ThatOneTeen wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:

I found a nice huffy caprice forsale for $200 OBO up in wisconsin, I am thinking about offering him $100 for it.

I want to put my running 14HP B&S on it and see how fast it will go since the current engine does not run

My only fear is that the engine won't fit and I would have to modify the steering or something

yeah do it!... Cause there is too versions... A white and blue like that one... And a white and orange which is what I have... The only difference I can tell is the slickers on the front/ side of hood... The oval one... Is on the blue... And the orange has a square/rectangle. Also I wouldn't get the one down here by me... Cause there is one on craigslist... And it's $350... And I don't feel like having two... Cause I got mine for free... Unless I found another cheap
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:09 am

Carshowkid wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:

yeah do it!... Cause there is too versions... A white and blue like that one... And a white and orange which is what I have... The only difference I can tell is the slickers on the front/ side of hood... The oval one... Is on the blue... And the orange has a square/rectangle. Also I wouldn't get the one down here by me... Cause there is one on craigslist... And it's $350... And I don't feel like having two... Cause I got mine for free... Unless I found another cheap

What craigslist are you searching on? I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find

EDIT: you talking about the one in gardner IL?
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:14 am

What craigslist are you searching on? I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find[/quote] I'm searching on Chicago craigslist...http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/4681322361.html
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:17 am

Carshowkid wrote:
What craigslist are you searching on?
I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find
I'm searching on Chicago craigslist...http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/4681322361.html

Oh yea, I forgot about that one, I dont like the look of that one and I dont like the price at all. I email'd the dude with the huffy and asked him a question, When he respond's ill ask him if he will take 100. Its only 1 hour and 22 minutes away from me.. That thing is so small I could proboly fit it in the back of my buddys ramcharger
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:20 am

ThatOneTeen wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:
I'm searching on Chicago craigslist...http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/4681322361.html

Oh yea, I forgot about that one, I dont like the look of that one and I dont like the price at all. I email'd the dude with the huffy and asked him a question, When he respond's ill ask him if he will take 100. Its only 1 hour and 22 minutes away from me.. That thing is so small I could proboly fit it in the back of my buddys ramcharger
yeah those tractors are so small I fit it in the back of my dad's truck sideways with three minibikes... Barley fit but hey it worked
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:26 am

[quote="Carshowkid"][quote="ThatOneTeen"]
Carshowkid wrote:

Oh yea, I forgot about that one, I dont like the look of that one and I dont like the price at all. I email'd the dude with the huffy and asked him a question, When he respond's ill ask him if he will take 100. Its only 1 hour and 22 minutes away from me.. That thing is so small I could proboly fit it in the back of my buddys ramcharger[/rest want gas money.

Last edited by ThatOneTeen on March 17th 2021, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:29 am

Yup I know that feeling... I want another tractor.. But me and my mom are going to talk about it tomorrow "she said"... I have a feeling she doesn't want me to get another tractor... Since I already have one
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:42 am

[quote="Carshowkid"]Yup

Last edited by ThatOneTeen on March 17th 2021, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:46 am

Yeah... I think the only reason she doesn't want me to have another one... Is cause we live in the subarbs... So yeah!
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:51 am

Carshowkid wrote:
Yeah... I think the only reason she doesn't want me to have another one... Is cause we live in the subarbs... So yeah!
I

Last edited by ThatOneTeen on March 17th 2021, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 1:58 am

ThatOneTeen wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:
bcuz people don't want kids having fun
haha I know people like that... Yeah but my neighbors are pretty good with that..
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 2:13 pm

Talk'd to the dude selling the huffy, He doesnt have to sell it so he is firm on the price of $200
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 2:34 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
Talk'd to the dude selling the huffy, He doesnt have to sell it so he is firm on the price of $200
aw... That stink... But the would of been cool if you got it... Then make it a speed tractor and put a v-twin or something in it
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 3:45 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
aw... That stink...  But the would of been cool if you got it... Then make it a speed tractor and put a v-twin or something in it

Going to ask my brother if he wants to split the cost
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 5:18 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
aw... That stink...  But the would of been cool if you got it... Then make it a speed tractor and put a v-twin or something in it

Going to ask my brother if he wants to split the cost
okie dokie!
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2021, 2:30 pm

[quote="ThatOneTeen"][quote="Carshowkid"]Yeah... I think the only reason she doesn't want me to have another one... Is cause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   Build -Off - 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build
Page 1 of 1