All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk

Go down 
+12
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Carshowkid
richie thomas
Doug
jonnya
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
kawasaki220
Moose
Angchor
TheBeal
Craftsman1998
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Empty
PostSubject: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 7:20 pm

yup... lol i wanted to post it here about this topic cause with the atltf build off ending i wanted to make sure i didnt clutter up other forum or post but...i know this one has been a long one and was extended to help others out cause they needed more time but, I'm curious to see when the next one will be and i'm pretty sure ill be able to finish the next one lol kids in school now and i have 6 hours a day by my self to do what ever!! so well see what happens but i was wondering that in the next build off there might be 3 categories for the build off like for example 1. Mudding mowers 2. Pulling tractors 3. Racing mowers just a suggestion is all and i know some of you are thinking....why are u bringing this up when the first one just ended 2 days ago lol well curiosity is it my friends lol
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 7:33 pm

Well if there is a altlf build off im in i dont know what ill build but ill figure that out then. Maybe a Lifted/Monster mower being i have a puller and i'm building a mudding and racing tractor so who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 7:38 pm

yea i still have nothing lol that will change tho soon as i get the brakes fixed better then its pulley swapping time then ect u know the drill lol but yea i will be all out in the next one i had no time at all to work on anything during this build off but now its alllllll free time
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 7:42 pm

If they start another build off relatively soon then i can enter my mudding/racing tractor but i'm sure it will be awhile before they do another one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 7:45 pm

yea what im thinking id say beginning of the year id say give people time to get another mower and time to build up some tools and supplies i was so un repaired for any builds im getting me a stick welder next month or mig un decided yet
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 8:23 pm

I very much doubt there will be individual categories. Why?

Well- what do we have right now- 5 finishers? Could you imagine how silly it would be trying to pick 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place out of 5 finishers in 3 categories? 'Nuff said.

Perhaps in the years to come, interest will be great enough to warrant it. Meanwhile... 5 finishers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 9:16 pm

lol that is true doc!! i could of thought there atleast be 10-15 but guess not i though i would of had time but nope but its ok im getting me a welder next month and few other stuff i need then ill be ready lol need more people that are active is what the forum needs then maybe it could have 3 categories then but i completely understand what your saying!!!
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 9:39 pm

I sincerely hope we get more finishers next time through. We had a lot of people that entered, though.

For the next one, we're going to have to all put our heads together to try to figure out how to best improve the odds that a lot more people will see it through. If it were me, I'd like to see 15 or more finishers, so the vote gets to be a real nail-biter!
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 9:45 pm

I say next one should be exactly one year long. Because some people have more time in the summer like kids that are out of school, while older folk like mentioned above have more time while the kids are at school. I say start on new years and end on new years. That would be fair for all.
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 9:50 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
I sincerely hope we get more finishers next time through. We had a lot of people that entered, though.

For the next one, we're going to have to all put our heads together to try to figure out how to best improve the odds that a lot more people will see it through. If it were me, I'd like to see 15 or more finishers, so the vote gets to be a real nail-biter!

Use that v twin you got as some incentive? lol!
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 10:00 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
For the next one, we're going to have to all put our heads together to try to figure out how to best improve the odds that a lot more people will see it through.

Well, you'll get one more entry than you would have otherwise, if you'll allow what I have already been working on, to be entered at whatever stage it is at, (maybe even finished?) in the next one.

Otherwise, I will have built and crashed two during this contest, and have already started the next one, so if it isn't allowed, I'll miss the next contest as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2014, 10:33 pm

i say we have a admission in the build off each contestant has to pay before entering maybe lol so there money on the line and 1st 2nd and 3rd get the winnings bet money some would bust bottoms to finish then lol
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 1:41 am

I don't think we should do a money prize if anything I'd say we should have the admins get together and build something and have that be the prize
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 6:26 am

Moose wrote:
I don't think we should do a money prize if anything I'd say we should have the admins get together and build something and have that be the prize

Y'all have to remember though. These fine Admins of ours don't get paid at all for hosting this wonderful forum.  If they'd build something you gotta remember that it will what it will take to ship it.  Like Doug had the tools and peerless manuals and stuff. That can all be put into a small USPS Flat-Rate box and shipped. Most likely if they'd build something it would be fairly large, and shipping would be tremendous. I think the prizes should be somewhat close to what they are now.

Stickers are a must though... (we all love stickers, Right?)

Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 1:38 pm

I have already started collecting my parts and junk for my build got slots of parts already I just need to pick up the tractor it will be awesome n
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 2:25 pm

LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
Moose wrote:

Y'all have to remember though. These fine Admins of ours don't get paid at all for hosting this wonderful forum.  If they'd build something you gotta remember that it will what it will take to ship it.  Like Doug had the tools and peerless manuals and stuff. That can all be put into a small USPS Flat-Rate box and shipped. Most likely if they'd build something it would be fairly large, and shipping would be tremendous. I think the prizes should be somewhat close to what they are now.

Stickers are a must though... (we all love stickers, Right?)

Right you are, sir! An further to that... Doug Fackler went entirely out-of-pocket on the prizes for this contest. Huge props for that, he most certainly did not have to.
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 4:40 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Right you are, sir! An further to that... Doug Fackler went entirely out-of-pocket on the prizes for this contest. Huge props for that, he most certainly did not have to.
Once again, I wish there was a "like" button here. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:17 am

yea thats is true doc i think the prizes are good enough and yes many hours ya do spend keeping it clean and tidy in here...stickers everyone loves some stickers lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:42 am

0o0 also it was very hard for me to vote on which one based off there wasent really any videos of them in action...if there was i couldnt find any
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 3:14 am

Next time! The prep time should be longer, to gather parts and so on.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 8:51 am

Doesn't look like ill participate next year. Unless I can do a go kart or mini bike deal, I'm out. I think that it should be the same time as this years buildoff, but more prep announcement time. Months in advance
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 10:14 am

yeah i agree it should be held the same time as this build off and we should be given more time to gather parts.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 12:02 pm

MTD2fst4u wrote:
0o0 also it was very hard for me to vote on which one based off there wasent really any videos of them in action...if there was i couldnt find any

Then... Go over the builds and vote based on the images you see, and the text you read. I feel a video (while helpful) doesn't always convey how much work went into a project.

Please... vote based on what info you DO have available.
Back to top Go down
DirtyD
Vendor
DirtyD
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:28 pm

I hope y'all do have another build off again... I know I have already started gathering parts for it :'D btw, Doc, Im going to PM you a idea I have for a winner for the next time you do a build off.
Back to top Go down
http://woodlinepowesports.com

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:57 pm

i chose who i did cause there was just so much fabrication and hard work into the one i voted for plus theres endless mods there was just no one close enough lol plus its neat and one of kind forsure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   Talk - next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next