All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Another problem child engine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crafsmankiller

Another problem child engine Empty
PostSubject: Another problem child engine   Another problem child engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2015, 7:59 pm

Sooooo. I went to my friends house and we were talkin about how bad i need a engine for my mower when he said he had a old pushmower from 1983 that i could have the engine from. (He had just cleaned the entire fuel system)It was a crafsman deck with a 3.5 "reserve power" hp teccy. Now i hate teccys but it was free so i got it and put it on my craftsman and it starts 1st pull every time.

But heres the problem, i runs perfect and revs super quick but it randomly dies for no reason. I can let it idle and i can rev it but whatever i do it still dies after about 30sec. Im goin to take the carb apart and check it but it was recently cleaned.. im hopin i/we have better luck figuring this one out
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Another problem child engine   Another problem child engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2015, 8:04 pm

I would bet the carb needs cleaned, maybe the fuel line is disintegrating and plugging up itself, cause it sounds like it runs out of gas in the bowl.
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

PostSubject: Re: Another problem child engine   Another problem child engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2015, 9:04 pm

That might be what it is, who knows how old the fuel line is. Something i left out tho, when it dies i can push the primer bulb and pull the pullstart and it fires back up. I would think if the line was disintegrating it wouldnt fire right back up
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
802 Customs

PostSubject: Re: Another problem child engine   Another problem child engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2015, 11:38 pm

Id say the float is getting stuck closed not allowing any fuel into the bowl.
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

PostSubject: Re: Another problem child engine   Another problem child engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2015, 9:47 am

Ok. Ill look at it today and check it out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another problem child engine   Another problem child engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another problem child engine
Page 1 of 1