All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

sand buggy lawn tractor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fletch6393
fletch6393

sand buggy lawn tractor Empty
PostSubject: sand buggy lawn tractor   sand buggy lawn tractor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 am

I need opinions. I can get some parts from an atv that my buddy wrecked a good motor and axle and wiring harness and such but no frame. I was wondering do yall think it be worth the time to mou.t it on a lawn tractor frame and make some sort of offroad vehicle/sand buggy/speed demon and would the frame be strong enough? The motor is a 400 cc and would spin the tires easily. I would probably keep the original steering system and tires and i would lower the whole thing to keep the center of gravity low. Maybe make it full suspension. Whats your ideas opions random thoughts pertaining to this here subject?
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: sand buggy lawn tractor   sand buggy lawn tractor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 5:21 pm

If it were me, I think If I had atv suspension to use and a 400cc (I'm assuming you mean 2 stoke) engine, I would make a tube frame up where you sit inside of a cage with the engine behind you. Basically a mini sand rail. Not saying a lawn tractor can't be integrated in somehow, but my feeling is by the time you use a non lawn tractor engine and a lot of other things, it would be so far from a lawn tractor anyway that it wouldn't be worth the work of trying to include it. What kind of transmission or rear axle were you thinking of using?
Back to top Go down
fletch6393
fletch6393

PostSubject: Re: sand buggy lawn tractor   sand buggy lawn tractor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 am

That would be a good idea to make a tube frame roll cage and tge motor has a transmission basically built into it and i was gonna use the axle that came with the atv. I just had the idea of using a lawn tractor because i saw a video on the internet of a guy who super modified a john deer and made one bad a** machine i will post a link to the video
Back to top Go down
fletch6393
fletch6393

PostSubject: Re: sand buggy lawn tractor   sand buggy lawn tractor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 1:16 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZK5nSyOS4
I wanted to do something along these lines but more of a sand machine. I think it woukd be awesome to see all the heads turn out at the dunes when it rolls off the trailer and tears it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sand buggy lawn tractor   sand buggy lawn tractor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sand buggy lawn tractor
Page 1 of 1