All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Two (Future) Monster Sears

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Two (Future) Monster Sears  Empty
PostSubject: Two (Future) Monster Sears    Two (Future) Monster Sears  Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2015, 11:44 am

A couple months ago me and MurrayMayhem, the Florida one, went and picked up 3 Sears mowers and one really rusty Roper. I got the one mower that was in the best condition and had a good hood, nose piece, and a 12hp Kohler K-series (K321 I believe) motor and the sears that was parted out with no dash, hood, engine, or clutch. MM got the Roper, the second most complete Sears, and a frozen up Onan. Here's my two

This is clearly the one that is more complete as you can see I pur my 26x12x12 ag tires on her, all she needs a starter and belt.
Two (Future) Monster Sears  Photo_26

Two (Future) Monster Sears  Photo_27

Two (Future) Monster Sears  Photo_28

This is the one that will be extensively modded, I set a 5.5 horse B&S motor on this I don't know if that will stay or not, if not I'll probably try to get a higher horse Honda clone to put on here with a centrifugal clutch.
Two (Future) Monster Sears  Photo_30

Two (Future) Monster Sears  Photo_29
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Two (Future) Monster Sears    Two (Future) Monster Sears  Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2015, 7:23 pm

I just ordered a starter, coil, and points for the 12 horse. It is my birthday present from my parents so in a few days when I get those and install them I will be able to do a test start of the motor.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Two (Future) Monster Sears    Two (Future) Monster Sears  Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2015, 8:12 pm

Put those trail wolfs you got inthe background on the front of the first sears!
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Two (Future) Monster Sears    Two (Future) Monster Sears  Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2015, 5:11 am

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
That's where they're going after I get some rims and tubes. The rims that they are on are rusted out and the tires are dry rotted but they were free like all my tires.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Two (Future) Monster Sears    Two (Future) Monster Sears  Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2015, 8:02 pm

craftsmancole wrote:
redlinemotorsportts wrote:
That's where they're going after I get some rims and tubes. The rims that they are on are rusted out and the tires are dry rotted but they were free like all my tires.
Little change on this, I found some cheap 5 lug hubs on ebay and I am going to drill them out to 1 3/8" to put in two high speed bearings from bmi. I will also be drilling, tapping, and installing a grease zerk on the hubs for easy maintenance. After these are installed I will be putting on the original sears style turf tires in the front. All this will cost about $35 vs $45-$55 for rims for the off brand, dry rotted trail wolfs.
I also measured the width of the rear tires and its 45"s wide. Cool
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Two (Future) Monster Sears    Two (Future) Monster Sears  Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2017, 12:48 pm

I love them old sears!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two (Future) Monster Sears    Two (Future) Monster Sears  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two (Future) Monster Sears
Page 1 of 1