All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Is Battery relocation worth the effort

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kit352

Is Battery relocation worth the effort Empty
PostSubject: Is Battery relocation worth the effort   Is Battery relocation worth the effort Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2016, 11:10 am

My battery is currently under my rear seat. It's tray is busted pretty badly so no matter what I'm fabricating something. I have a narrow spot on my craftsman just behind the motor where I can put the battery. I was thinking this might help keep my front end done but it so far from the front I not so sure. Does anyone have any experience with this? It's far easier for me to make a new tray then it is to move the battery and its cheaper.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Is Battery relocation worth the effort   Is Battery relocation worth the effort Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2016, 1:02 pm

I've weighed a couple of lawn tractor batteries. They're between 15 and 20 lbs depending on brand. Probably won't make all that much difference for balance if your only moving it half way up the frame. But it's not too big of a deal to move it really. You can probably re-use your negative cable, then all you need is to extend the positive or get a longer cable somewhere.

I put mine way up in front. Just to get it out of the way for other things.
Is Battery relocation worth the effort Img_3129

Is Battery relocation worth the effort Img_3130

Had to weld up my own hold down. Depends on how much playing around you want to do.
Is Battery relocation worth the effort Img_3230
Back to top Go down
kit352

PostSubject: Re: Is Battery relocation worth the effort   Is Battery relocation worth the effort Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2016, 10:10 pm

Ideally I would move it up all the way to the front like you but I have winch planned and probably a beefy bumper. That middle part is the only easy space I have to move it too. To make it cleaner I would probably just make a pair of new shorter cables instead of playing with old ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Battery relocation worth the effort   Is Battery relocation worth the effort Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Battery relocation worth the effort
Page 1 of 1