All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

What are the best front tires?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TedTheDestroyer
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
TedTheDestroyer

Forum Rep : 0

What are the best front tires? Empty
PostSubject: What are the best front tires?   What are the best front tires? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm looking into getting new front tires as the current (original) tires are cracking. They are 16" tall 5" wide rim 9"tall rim. I've seen some aggressive tread and turf tread. I'm planning to use the original rims. What tread would be best for mud, trail riding and rides smoothish?
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Hammer
Hammer
1997 Murray

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: What are the best front tires?   What are the best front tires? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 2:12 pm

something like this.

What are the best front tires? Atv_ti10
Back to top Go down
MasonMcK
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
MasonMcK

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: What are the best front tires?   What are the best front tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Rim size is measured at the bead seat so even though the diameter at the lip of the rim is 9", it is more than likely an 8" rim. 16x6.50-8 is the most common size for those and it should say on the sidewall of the tire. 

As for what tires to buy; it's all about preference and there's tons of different tread types out there. Just get something with deep and wide spaced lugs from a quality company. 

As for sizing, 16x6.50-8 will fit for sure, but you can move up to bigger sizes like 18x8.50-8 (I know because I have done so on 8"x5" rims) or 18x6.50-8. I wouldn't chance going with 18x9.50-8 though because the shop struggled for a little while to mount up my 8.50 wides
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the best front tires?   What are the best front tires? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the best front tires?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: New Member Forum :: Introduce Yourself Here!-
Jump to: