All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What are the best Mower tires

Go down 
+2
mowerheadder
Braden.H
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Braden.H
Braden.H

tires - What are the best Mower tires Empty
PostSubject: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2016, 8:28 pm

So I am looking to get tires for my Mower I don't have a budget but the need to know what are some of the best off road Mower tires outs tire are
Back to top Go down
mowerheadder

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 1:20 am

well for one thing I was liftin one I had for parts and the tranny case just broke...Crap aluminum.....My advice fill it with oil, lock it, when it breaks build from scratch.....C clips holding a tire arent great.  As for tires, everyone will say somethin diffrent but I would say either kenda bearclaws or ITP mudlites.  Me personally will buy the mudlites they arent very expensive either.  Oh and one more thing, dont waste money on knobbys for the front like some do. they serve no purpose Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SatiricalHen
SatiricalHen

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 7:07 am

So far I've only tested 3 types of tires, scorpions (really good on everything but mud, soft so they conformed to terrain, and filled them with fluid for weight.) Carlisle ag tires (not sure which model, but they're decent on most stuff and do really well in the creek and deep mud, also fluid filled, but really stiff) and some kind of atv tires not sure what they are, but not that great at much. Decent offroad but would rather have scorpions for all around or ags for pure mud. On one of my new mowers I have some kenda trail masters or something like that so we'll see how those do when I finish fixing it up.tires - What are the best Mower tires Image66
tires - What are the best Mower tires Image65
tires - What are the best Mower tires Image64
tires - What are the best Mower tires Image63

From top to bottom Scorpions, atv tires, ag tires, and trail masters. Those scorpions weren't done justice because they were always on a slow open diff mower, and if I had it locked and pulley swapped it could do ALOT more.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 10:06 am

mowerheadder wrote:
Oh and one more thing, dont waste money on knobbys for the front like some do. they serve no purpose Rolling Eyes

Knobbies on the front help with steering. Turf savers pretty much suck doing anything fast, wet, or muddy. about the only thing I think they're good for (what I'm using them for) is testing and tuning on pavement. Getting the carb dialed for a foot throttle, approximate speeds, steering, etc...
Back to top Go down
mowerheadder

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 1:47 pm

Hmmm thats weird, knobbys on front actually help with steering? I just thought since most of us dont have 4wd mowers it was kind of useless. Lol yeah turfs suck at everything
Back to top Go down
SatiricalHen
SatiricalHen

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 3:03 pm

SatiricalHen wrote:
So far I've only tested 3 types of tires, scorpions (really good on everything but mud, soft so they conformed to terrain, and filled them with fluid for weight.) Carlisle ag tires (not sure which model, but they're decent on most stuff and do really well in the creek and deep mud, also fluid filled, but really stiff) and some kind of atv tires not sure what they are, but not that great at much. Decent offroad but would rather have scorpions for all around or ags for pure mud. On one of my new mowers I have some kenda trail masters or something like that so we'll see how those do when I finish fixing it up.tires - What are the best Mower tires Image66
tires - What are the best Mower tires Image65
tires - What are the best Mower tires Image64
tires - What are the best Mower tires Image63

From top to bottom Scorpions, atv tires, ag tires, and trail masters. Those scorpions weren't done justice because they were always on a slow open diff mower, and if I had it locked and pulley swapped it could do ALOT more.
my bad the tires I thought were trail masters are path finders.
Back to top Go down
SatiricalHen
SatiricalHen

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 3:06 pm

mowerheadder wrote:
Hmmm thats weird, knobbys on front actually help with steering?  I just thought since most of us dont have 4wd mowers it was kind of useless.  Lol yeah turfs suck at everything
the knobs dig in and the turf savers just slide across the surface. Not too bad when open diff but once it's welded forget turning on slick ground. Putting fluid in them helps steering some with turf savers, but the best combo would be weighted knobbies. I usually just have turf savers in the front because I'm too cheap to buy anything else. All the rear tires I have either came on mowers, came with mowers and only the Carlisle ag tires I actually paid for and I got them used off Craigslist Already weighted and mounted.
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 3:45 pm

tires - What are the best Mower tires Img_1510
I love my tires there 20x7x8 trail wolfs work on a stock mower rim and I run almost no air and they grip really good, but on ice they suck
Back to top Go down
SatiricalHen
SatiricalHen

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 5:02 pm

kawasaki220 wrote:
tires - What are the best Mower tires Img_1510
I love my tires there 20x7x8 trail wolfs work on a stock mower rim and I run almost no air and they grip really good, but on ice they suck
not all of us are lucky enough to have 8" front rims:/
Back to top Go down
Off Road Domination
Off Road Domination

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2016, 9:10 pm

Super swamper vampires for the rear and x tracs for the front best tires out there!

tires - What are the best Mower tires 20160510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Mower tires   tires - What are the best Mower tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the best Mower tires
Page 1 of 1