All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lawn Gone
Lawn Gone

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

lawn - Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry] Empty
PostSubject: Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry]   lawn - Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry] Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2016, 8:21 pm

This project started as a 1980 or so Craftsman that had been modified by some past owner.My build will start with fixing all the issues that either age,or the previous owners have caused.The rest of my focus is on sheet metal work,creating a complete custom body,using some original parts reworked to fit the new body style.I'm trying to create a Jeep inspired machine with my own style added in.
The mechanicals include a briggs and stratton 18hp opposed twin,running through a peerless "T" box(to eliminate the twisted belt set up that was used originally) and finishing with a peerless 2300,4 speed gear box.This set up will be getting some pulley swap,but pulley sizes haven't been decided yet.
My goal for this machine is to be a good support vehicle out on the trails,or be able to haul my 10' fishing boat to lakes that I can't get my truck into.Maybe pack my gear in the cargo bed and hit some trails and do some camping with it! Future plans include building a custom matching trailer to increase the cargo capacity.
This machine will be equipped with a 2000lb winch,solid push bumper with fairlead rollers and front and rear 2" hitch receivers.It will ride on 25x10x12 in the rear,and 22x11x8 in the front,with a mild frame stretch to keep everything in scale.
This is,by far,the most ambitious metal work project I have undertaken to date.I have most of what needs to be done figured out in my head,but have a long road ahead to achieve what I set out to do.Entering the build-off is a way to keep me focused on my goals and finish what I've started. Thanks for the challenge,and good luck to all who enter!

lawn - Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry] 20160410

Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: welcome   lawn - Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry] Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2016, 8:34 pm

Welcome to the forum man and good luck! I wish I had the skill to even want to try to build one of those. Very nice work Cool
Back to top Go down
Lawn Gone
Lawn Gone

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry]   lawn - Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry] Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2016, 8:15 am

Thanks for adding me to the build off! Really looking forward to seeing all the amazing creations this year!
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: nice   lawn - Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry] Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2016, 10:10 am

Yeah, It's going to be interesting with Doc's "Diesel Weasel" and your craftsman. My buddy is going to try to enter his Sabre too. What color were you thinking of? With those rear fenders, I think it would look awesome in OD green with white lettering. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry]   lawn - Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lawn Gone's No-Plastic Craftsman [2016 Build-Off Entry]
Page 1 of 1