All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Got a free tractor!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blake._the_redneck
Blake._the_redneck

tractor - Got a free tractor! Empty
PostSubject: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 3:10 pm

tractor - Got a free tractor! Img_2010

I got it for free at the recycling center in town and took it home and put my battery in it first battery didn't work so I put in a different one I had most recently used and it started up on the first turn of the key
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 4:53 pm

Don't ya hate it when people throw good stuff away? Anyway good find! Looks like there's a Briggs flathead hiding under there, what's the year and displacement? Also, what rear end?
Back to top Go down
Blake._the_redneck
Blake._the_redneck

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 5:10 pm

Not sure about year have looked it up and found nothing and the rear end all I know is it is a 10/36
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 7:59 pm

your transaxle looks like the one i had in my old build but mine had an hi/lo lever. it could be a foote look closely on the bottom it should be marked there if its a foote. and nice find, unfortunately i cant just pickup stuff at my recycling center...
Back to top Go down
http://gdftech.com
Blake._the_redneck
Blake._the_redneck

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 8:14 pm

sadeoo7 wrote:
your transaxle looks like the one i had in my old build but mine had an hi/lo lever. it could be a foote look closely on the bottom it should be marked there if its a foote. and nice find, unfortunately i cant just pickup stuff at my recycling center...
Yeah I got pretty lucky I'm definitely gonna be going there MUCH more often! I found out last night it pops wheelies quite nicely
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 9:01 pm

yeah it probably does do wheelies nicely it looks compact, fun little tractor you got there
Back to top Go down
http://gdftech.com
Blake._the_redneck
Blake._the_redneck

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 10:08 pm

sadeoo7 wrote:
yeah it probably does do wheelies nicely it looks compact, fun little tractor you got there
I'm gonna give it an oil change tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 10:41 pm

You know how to decode the numbers on Briggs right? Look at the code. First two digits are the year, then I believe it's month then day. Then under either the model or the type, the first two numbers are the displacement. It should either be a 25 or a 28.

Just for fun, I want to take a guess at the year. I think it's an '86. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Blake._the_redneck
Blake._the_redneck

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 10:44 pm

CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
You know how to decode the numbers on Briggs right? Look at the code. First two digits are the year, then I believe it's month then day. Then under either the model or the type, the first two numbers are the displacement. It should either be a 25 or a 28.

Just for fun, I want to take a guess at the year. I think it's an '86. Anyone else?
no tag on the motor that I could find will go look now
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 10:47 pm

Should be stamped in the blower housing right above the spark plug
Back to top Go down
Blake._the_redneck
Blake._the_redneck

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 10:50 pm

CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Should be stamped in the blower housing right above the spark plug
found a pic that is an exact match online it is a 77
Back to top Go down
Blake._the_redneck
Blake._the_redneck

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2016, 12:47 pm

Went to go change the oil this morning around 9 and it wouldn't start and just now I poured some gas down the carb and IT BURST INTO FLAMES good thing I had a water bucket near by
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a free tractor!   tractor - Got a free tractor! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a free tractor!
Page 1 of 1