All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Front bar phase 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caddy_V3
Caddy_V3

Front - Front bar phase 1 Empty
PostSubject: Front bar phase 1   Front - Front bar phase 1 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2017, 5:39 pm

So today i have made progress on my removable front bar. This phase in this project was to get the mounts and main box steel in place and welded.

Front - Front bar phase 1 Img_2015

Just some of the general steel i'm using, there are some sections of 2.5" exhaust that i'm gonna put in later this month.

Front - Front bar phase 1 Img_2016

Overview of the garage i'm working in.  

Front - Front bar phase 1 Img_2017

How i managed to clamp these in place was duck tape (mostly because c clamps were shifting it to much).

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/19/35/44/96/img_2018.jpg

So, I was going to order a porta-band table from swag off road but i ended up using the vice with some
Yankee Ingenuity.

Front - Front bar phase 1 Img_2019

This is how it turned out in the end (i known my welds are fat and ugly, but it holds so i don't care).
The next part is to put some tube steel into a trapezoid shape and weld it up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news some of my fends in school that are in one of my groups are getting into mowers and have got some spots for good trails,
So i will probably be mounting my go pro up and filming our stuff.
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Front - Front bar phase 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front bar phase 1   Front - Front bar phase 1 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2017, 7:50 pm

Look up mag-mate welding squares. Get a couple 90*/45* units. Made in USA. They actually hold stuff together for tack welding. I have a couple... work well so far.

...not like those crappy chinese things that dont hold worth a stink.
Back to top Go down

Front bar phase 1
Page 1 of 1