All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Empty
PostSubject: Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue   rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2017, 8:27 pm

So I just picked this up to build with my nephew. I thought it would be a live axle but it is not. Does anyone know where I can find a hub/sprocket/drum set up to fit this? First time building a actual go kart bounce

Insights appreciated, thanks for any info.
rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Ncm_1112
rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Ncm_1113

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue   rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2017, 3:11 am

I’ve seen what you’re talking about on gokartgalaxy.com. I’m pretty sure they have sprocket/hub combos for minibikes that may fit your application, but honestly you’re better off cutting all that out and putting in a live axle. They’re stronger, easy to set up, and give you great traction for ripping doughnuts.
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue   rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2017, 9:11 am

You are right around the corner from me. I am from just south of Buffalo.Very Happy
I did look in to cutting out and welding in a new axle but for sake of simplicity I am probably going to leave it in there for the time being. I currently have 2 other projects going on , as well as my nephew will probably outgrow it soon. He really wanted a 2 seater anyway. Thanks for the info. I will look and see what they have. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue   rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2017, 11:31 am

Makes total sense to me. You'll spend less money and get it done faster that way. Do you ever go to Holland International Speedway for Crash-a-Rama
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue   rear - Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Go Kart rear brake/sprocket hub issue
Page 1 of 1