All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

Custom Front Hubs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muddstir
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
muddstir

Forum Rep : 14

Front - Custom Front Hubs  Empty
PostSubject: Custom Front Hubs    Front - Custom Front Hubs  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:37 pm

I need to make another set of custom hubs for my wheels on the front of my craftsman and I'm  just seeing if there would be any interest in me making a few extra sets and selling them. (I could possibly continue making them too if the demand is there.)

The hubs will work on stock 3/4in spindles with just a slight modification to the inner wheel seat if it uses the cap shaped style.

The housing is dom tubing with with two bearing recess bored into it.
The bearings will be a good quality sealed ball bearings that will utilize a pressed in fitment in the hub.  
The plate where the wheel bolts up to will either be 5/16 or 3/8 thick (depends on what my local steel yard carries.)  
Wheel studs will be automotive style pressed in ones.    

When i make my hubs they will be setup for a 4 on a 110mm bolt pattern that uses m10 wheel studs.
Then for the finish of them - I can keep it cheap and you assemble and weld them up yourself.  OR i can finish them and powder coat them black.  

Price point. - Not sure yet  I know the wheel studs a 2.98 a pc, bearing are almost 4 dollars each (I think I could find cheaper ones).  I'm going to outsource the machine work this time so I'm waiting on a price for that and the price of the metal for them.

Now here is where it gets tricky if I was to keep making / offering  them do I try and custom tailor each set to the order or just offer a few select styles and that is it.

Bolt pattern - There are so many 100mm 110mm 115mm ect.   (And remember sport quads ran a really big bolt pattern on their front ends like 144mm and 156mm.  Then don't forget Kawasaki did a lot with a 4 on 4in bolt pattern, and golf carts run that  bolt pattern too.

Wheel stud size - most atvs run a m10 but a lot of UTV's run an m12. Then the 4 on 4, I've seen with a 7/16 stud 1/2 stud and a metric stud.  (Every different stud size will need adifferent size of hole drilled for it to  get pressed into. )

So what do y'all think , feel free to give me your input, suggestions ect.
Or let me know if your interested in a set.
Ps. Rears are in the works too.

Here are some pics of what they will look like. Front - Custom Front Hubs  20190410
Front - Custom Front Hubs  20190411
Front - Custom Front Hubs  20190412
Front - Custom Front Hubs  20190413
Front - Custom Front Hubs  20190414
Front - Custom Front Hubs  20190415
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Vice Grip
Vice Grip
mrshaft696

Forum Rep : 102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Front Hubs    Front - Custom Front Hubs  Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 8:57 am

those are pretty sweet, how are you cutting out the disc? you have a burn table or a lathe?
Back to top Go down
muddstir
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
muddstir

Forum Rep : 14

PostSubject: Re: Custom Front Hubs    Front - Custom Front Hubs  Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 9:33 pm

A lathe.

My lathe is on the smaller scale and the disc are a pain to setup on it.  So this go around in going to build some sort of fixture plate to hold them, just to speed up the setup time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Front Hubs    Front - Custom Front Hubs  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Front Hubs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: