All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

Greetings from lynchburg

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sirironduke
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 1

Greetings from lynchburg  Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from lynchburg    Greetings from lynchburg  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 7:59 am

Hello everybody,
I'm new here and new to mower modifications.
But there realy isnt anything I cant make. I work mostly in wood and metal, and have dabbled in leather and bone/antler work.

I recently acquired a 97 yard machines (mtd) and am looking to
Build it up for off road use. Not trying to win any races or nothing, just something I can use in the woods here around Lynchburg va.
I also got a free 50-100cc kids mini quad that I was thinking of robbing the front suspension and sticking it on my mower. Hung up on what I want to do in the rear.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 56

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from lynchburg    Greetings from lynchburg  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 10:42 am

Welcome to the Forum! MTD eh? Well, MTD's aren't really any good for offroad use. They use a vari-drive belt system, an FNR transaxle, cheapo frames. But anything can be done. Hydrostatic transaxles are the same way and mine holds up great.

Now, my advice is that these MTD's (in top notch condition) are maybe worth $325, so, I'd run it anyway, even though it'll probably destroy it. So getting pulleys aren't too hard to find, but the type of drive system they use uses 2 oddball belts. I'm sure there is something you can do to get rid of them though. I haven't pulley swapped one yet so I know nothing about modifying MTD's, but I have one planned.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 495

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from lynchburg    Greetings from lynchburg  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 am

Welcome to ATLTF!

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from lynchburg    Greetings from lynchburg  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from lynchburg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: New Member Forum :: Introduce Yourself Here!-
Jump to: