All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Identify This dynamark

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dynamarknewbie

Identify This dynamark Empty
PostSubject: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2011, 10:56 pm

Alright im a newbie here and need some help. i want to know more about this lawn tractor(picture below). Sorry for the bad quality picture the mower is in a shed that had a tree come through it(tree missed mower by a hair) and im suppose to pick it up after we are able to remove it. Any help will be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance. also really didnt know where to post so im guessing here was the best place.
Identify This dynamark 17724p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2011, 2:29 pm

looks like late '70s . 8 hp briggs and a peerless 3 speed tranny.
front end can get sloppy and rack gears will strip out.
plan on soaking the front end good before you try to force the steering, if it has been sitting for very long
light weight and easy to make go fast
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

PostSubject: Re: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2011, 4:31 pm

olllll gimmie gimmie gimmie Smile i have a love hate relationship with dynamarks i want it Smile haha
Back to top Go down
dynamarknewbie

PostSubject: Re: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2011, 8:29 pm

Thanks for the replies it appears to be in pretty good condition turns over, steering works, shifts in gear.
Only things i noticed wrong were a busted gas cap and the deck has rusted through in one spot(fixable).
Next will be trying to get it running. I cleaned it up today so heres a better picture.
Identify This dynamark 2dvijch
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2011, 11:25 pm

Whats with all these Dynamarks lately?
I miss mine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2011, 7:56 am

Looks similar to a couple i had - one was black, red and white- had the same white plastic grille - had a 10HP teccy , i knew that one was early because it didnt have posts for a magneto, had a 'brain box' and points.

I also had a blue one similar to yours, cept that had been pretty much stripped tho - had these huge rear tires and trans pulley - thing had a cigarette lighter also .

Im not sure if its one of those rare ' Richard Petty ' blue ones - reguardless, id restore it to original . i dont think that seat is original either - i have an original 82 dynamark , along with the the 10HP teccy one- they both had lowback black seats.

After a certain point, dynamark went to black grilles - so its probably an early one- if it has a briggs motor- check the 1st two digits of the code on the flywheel shroud - thats the year of the motor
Back to top Go down
dynamarknewbie

PostSubject: Re: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2011, 3:10 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Looks similar to a couple i had - one was black, red and white- had the same white plastic grille - had a 10HP teccy , i knew that one was early because it didnt have posts for a magneto, had a 'brain box' and points.

I also had a blue one similar to yours, cept that had been pretty much stripped tho - had these huge rear tires and trans pulley - thing had a cigarette lighter also .

Im not sure if its one of those rare ' Richard Petty ' blue ones - reguardless, id restore it to original . i dont think that seat is original either - i have an original 82 dynamark , along with the the 10HP teccy one- they both had lowback black seats.

After a certain point, dynamark went to black grilles - so its probably an early one- if it has a briggs motor- check the 1st two digits of the code on the flywheel shroud - thats the year of the motor

the first 2 digits of the code are 77. as for the seat no its not original it appears to be off a boat but it is pretty comfy haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Identify This dynamark   Identify This dynamark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Identify This dynamark
Page 1 of 1