All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Master
Master

[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 10:44 am

Oh yes. Do you have the stock double pulley clutch? That bar would normally go underneath the backside of the clutch where the raised part is and then a piece of curved steel bolts to the other side keeping it in place.... That's why I didn't do the hydro swap on The Green Machine. Needed too many parts to make the hydro work.
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

Forum Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 7:35 pm

i've got the whole system we used the donor murray as a grass cutter for a couple yrs, it had the double pulley clutch, i took it off, you don't need a clutch on a hydro and i'm just going to run the belt directly from the engine to the transaxle if i use the clutch it will just be as a tensioner with good spring
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 10:25 pm

well illinois is on lock down, the governor has issued a stay at home order, no non essential travel allowed, you can go to the grocery store, the gas station and for medical needs, but all non essential businesses are to be shut down until at least april 7th, this really sucks, i won't be able to get anything i need for the build until these places reopen, but i believe i have the material for the stacks, my brother brought home part of an old swingset the other day and i think i can cut the tubing from it to make my stacks instead of buying the conduit, i will still need some but not as much as i did
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 5:46 pm

i mounted up the 2nd of the tires i planned to use, and no matter what it wouldn't take a bead, i was hoping i made a mistake and grabbed the wrong tire since this one has weather cracking, but my hopes are dashed, this is the tire i needed to use, but no matter what it will not take air and bead up, so i'll have to buy a tube, $15 vs $50 for a new tire, i found it wasn't the weather cracking that caused the issue, it's a chunk taken out of the sealing surface of the bead, i must have fouled up when mounting the tire and ripped the inch long gash in it, fortunately it doesn't hurt the tire at all, just makes it where it won't hold air, anyway here's a pic with the tires mounted although the left one is un-inflated atm
[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 DSCN0106

i am having to take about a half inch or so out of the floor to fit them, the one on the right is done, but the one on the left isn't because i don't have any more cut off disks for the angle grinder, and i messed up, i forgot to tell my brother i wanted the swing set pole for this, he had a friend help him load the truck and they took the scrap metal to the scrap yard and it went with it, i still need to measure for the belt, mount the pedal and get the control set up done for the hydro, then i can flip it and start on the top side
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:30 am

well i can't say i've gotten anything done at all since the last post, my brother and i do small engine repair on the side to earn extra money and we were suddenly swamped with repair work, 4 riders 2 pushers and a tiller, and that has taken precedence over personal projects, so basically i'm updating to keep within the rules, hopefully i'll be able to get something done soon, but i've got plenty of time so no big deal if i don't get make any progress in the next couple weeks
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 478

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:39 am

Thanks for the update.

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Build-Off Competition :: Build-Off Competition Threads-
Jump to: