All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 9:21 am

Thanks for the update.  Take care of yourself.  You'll be more susceptible to the heat for a while.
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

Forum Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 12:07 am

yeah i noticed that, i was sleeping about 14hrs a night after that too, at least for the 1st 4 or 5 nights after it happened, and i've been staying very cautious about how long i'm out in the heat, if i even feel remotely like somethings off i get inside and cool off, but i have been doing something to the build this weekend, i pulled it out of the garage into the back yard where it's cooler with more air flow and i mounted the tires i got off my brother, they look so much better than the atv tires did, i plan to get the body, steering and engine mounted this weekend, i plan to run a bolt through the front axle to eliminate the pivoting, and i'm going to be welding some bracing on the chassis soon, atm i have 2 other projects to finish, a gas conversion on a golf cart for a friend and a new upper seal on a kohler on a zero turn for a customer, that's the only reason i'm waiting till this weekend to work on the build
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 9:14 pm

well mother nature had other plans for my work schedule this weekend, as in no outdoors work due to rain, and when it wasn't raining it was brutally hot with high humidity, and since i'm not willing to experience another heat stroke i stayed inside most of the time, i did get the bed remounted and the motor sat in place, not bolted down yet though, the mosquitoes are really bad this year so i can't even work in the evenings without being eaten alive, and i can't use off or any other bug repellant because i'm allergic to something they contain and get a nasty rash anyway here's a couple pics to show it as it sits now, sorry bout the pic quality, my lens kept fogging up
[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 DSCN0161
[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 DSCN0162
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 pm

well here it is, starting to look more complete each day, still have to get the engine mounted, the steering bolted in, the wiring and the belt, but the body is on and i think it's looking halfway decent
[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 DSCN0164
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up   [2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[2020 Build-Off Entry] darkside's hot rod pick up
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Build-Off Competition :: Build-Off Competition Threads-
Jump to: