All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

New member here from VT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jmessier13
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 2

New member here from VT Empty
PostSubject: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 pm

Hey everyone!

New member from Vermont here.

Over the last couple years, I have built a craftsman LT1000. Did a pulley swap, welded the diff, and added some atv tires. I then decided to add front suspension using the stock front axle cut in two for IFS. After beating that around, I recently added rear suspension! It was tricky and isnt perfect but it rides much better. I will try and figure out how to add pics and a poorly taped video I did of it.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 83

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 10:07 pm

Cool mower. Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 261

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 10:32 pm

Welcome to the forum! Love the setup you have going on!

The trailing arm on the rear is super neat, looks like a good design you came up with. You mentioned the single coilover causing body roll... have you thought about maybe having a coilover mounted to each trailing arm behind the transaxle, and then a mount for each on the frame? That would add to the stability substantially I would think. Either way, great work!

Also your front end setup reminds me of the Twin I-Beam I made on the front of my Ford-LT 110, it's a nice setup for trail cruising. One thing you might notice is, with a single tie rod, the distance between the wheels changes during suspension travel, which can really mess with your wheel toe. I was able to do away with that on my little Ford by doing a bellcrank and Y-link steering setup coming off of the stock steering. Works great and much safer. Just a thought, I'd be interested to see what you would come up with to fix that issue.

Once again, welcome and outstanding work! New member here from VT 2731072446

- Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
       - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
       - Allis B-110, 710 & 716 - Wheel Horse 655 & 953 - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic & 1668 - Cub 106 - Ford LGT 125 -
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 496

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 pm

Welcome to ATLTF!  Nice setup you got there.

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
loggers gogert
Apprentice
Apprentice
loggers gogert

Forum Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 7:50 am

dude, thats AWESOME!
but be carful with that ungoverned engine, if that flywheel flys apart.......results arent pretty.....
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 116

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 12:04 pm

Sweet build!

That flywheel will not fly apart unless it's previously damaged. It especially will not fly apart before a stock con rod or counterweight. I think we've laid this myth to rest a million times.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 56

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 12:16 pm

Wow! Awesome work! Welcome!

Flywheel should be fine. I do 7000 RPMs on my completely stock 15 HP briggs... Of course, I don't really care what happens to it since it's already on it's last leg but I haven't had many problems so far. I don't recommend 7000RPM if you like you're engine of course but it shouldn't hurt it if you're only running it at that speed for a short amount of time.
Back to top Go down
loggers gogert
Apprentice
Apprentice
loggers gogert

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 12:30 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 261

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 pm

Fellas, just remember this is supposed to be a welcome thread for Jmessier13, not a discussion about tired engine RPM topics...

- Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
       - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
       - Allis B-110, 710 & 716 - Wheel Horse 655 & 953 - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic & 1668 - Cub 106 - Ford LGT 125 -
Back to top Go down
Jmessier13
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 11:52 am

@AllisKidD21 I haven't take an updated video or pics but I decided to build my own rear sway bar out of 3/8 cold rolled. It actually does an excellent job at controlling body roll.

With the front suspension the way it is now, the shocks are too close to the pivot point causing the shocks to not have enough preload to keep the front end up when just driving on pavement or a dirt road. It wants to droop and it looks like it has wicked camber. But a nice feature about it now is it acts like long travel so landings are soft. I plan on redoing the shock locations as well as the shock towers.

Back to top Go down
Jmessier13
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 11:53 am

Folks, how do you post pictures on here?

And thanks for the comments on my build!
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

Forum Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 1:30 pm

@Jmessier13 nice build and the easiest way is to get an account with a pic hosting site, if you're on pc, i don't know about phone since i don't use them, i use postimage, it's free, from there you just upload the pic to the hosting site then go to share (above pic) and the hotlink for forums, copy this and then paste here, this is assuming you're using postimage
Back to top Go down
loggers gogert
Apprentice
Apprentice
loggers gogert

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 3:45 pm

when i first joined it said i had to wait 7 days before i could post a pic.......
so @Jmessier13, you probably won't be able to post a pic un oil you have been a member for 7 days
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 8:46 pm

@loggers gogert wrote:
when i first joined it said i had to wait 7 days before i could post a pic.......
so @Jmessier13, you probably won't be able to post a pic un oil you have been a member for 7 days

I think I need to find that setting and change it.  We tell people to upload pix all the time when they join.  Only see an external link setting.

Your ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:19 pm

@Jmessier13 wrote:

There's a link in MightyRaze's signature that says "How To Upload Pictures".... That's what you'll want to follow.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:22 pm

@Jmessier13 wrote:

And thanks for the comments on my build!

How To Upload Pictures

Your ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member here from VT   New member here from VT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member here from VT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: New Member Forum :: Introduce Yourself Here!-
Jump to: