All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

Hemlock, NY here

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Longbow
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Longbow

Forum Rep : 7

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Hey everyone,   My grandfather used to haul scrap for a living when I was a kid.  I remember digging junk out of whatever pile he had and built something to ride on and beat the crap out of....usually only costing me a couple bucks in gas and some bloody knuckles.  I still have a passion for this type of stuff, but now my resources and finances can get me into trouble.  LOL.   I just picked up this 1976 Wheel Horse B-80 for $50 as a roller.  ( I am in search of a engine for it)  Finally going to build something out of parts I want instead of only garbage at hand.  I'm glad I found this forum as my wife doesn't understand this hobby/sold my soul to the devil!   Live Long Friends
Hemlock, NY here 76whee16
Hemlock, NY here 76whee15

*admin edit-fixed images.
Back to top Go down
Longbow
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Longbow

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Interested in what people are putting on for aftermarket horizontals
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 152

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 11:29 pm

Lotta guys run chondas, Chinese knockoffs of a Honda. Vanguards are pretty popular too. Then there’s the Kohler K series...that’s a popular one as well. Those are the three big ones. Also yanmar single cylinder diesels and their clones, anywhere from 6-10 horse

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 542

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 11:49 pm

Welcome to ATLTF!

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Longbow
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Longbow

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 7:56 am

I've been looking at a Tillotson 212r.  It's a knock off but brand new.  Seems as though when I was younger people were throwing away old motors, now they think they got a gold mine in blown up single cylinders.  It's pretty funny.  Appreciate the info, thanks
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 66

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 12:05 pm

A lotta people'll run Predators too. I don't know much about them but they seem pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Longbow
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Longbow

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 12:13 pm

@Murraymountain just talked with a guy that has a complete 1970 Kohler K301 12hp complete. I think I'm going to pick that up.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
CraftsmanQuad19

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 1:55 pm

@Murraymountain wrote:
A lotta people'll run Predators too. I don't know much about them but they seem pretty good.

That would be a chonda
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 66

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 3:48 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
@Murraymountain wrote:

That would be a chonda

I figured. I guess that shows that I was right about not knowing anything about them. LOL
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
CraftsmanQuad19

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 7:47 pm

Hahaha, I’m not sure if there’s much difference in quality between them and other clones. I’ve got a blackmax 212 pressure washer (Walmart), I’d like the compare it to a predator 212 to see if they came from the same place.

Threadjack over. I know someone that runs a 212 on his Sears with great success. That things an animal. I believe he goes by @offroadOhio on here but I’m not certain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hemlock, NY here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemlock, NY here   Hemlock, NY here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hemlock, NY here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: New Member Forum :: Introduce Yourself Here!-
Jump to: