All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

 

 Off topic anything 2021 Edition!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver


Join date : 2019-06-02
Posts : 353

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 6:56 pm

It snowed here for a little bit but nothing stuck
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
RichieRichOverdrive

Age : 18
Join date : 2016-10-29
Posts : 2945
Forum Rep : 125
Location : Lewisburg, KY

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 10:11 pm

@Rustbucket Garage wrote:
So I had an insane idea awhile ago...

So y’all know these steel band oil filter wrenches?
Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 885911591256

I was thinking, would this work as a poor man’s piston ring compressor? Maybe it’s a stupid idea but I thought I’d ask.

Bit late to this party but a coffee can and hose clamps used to work for me.
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver


Age : 17
Join date : 2020-12-23
Posts : 100
Forum Rep : 3
Location : Roachdale IN

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 9:09 am

been too busy this week, when i get home i gotta contact a guy who can help me fix my truck and i have two mower part outs and a engine install on one and gotta modify the exhaust and cut sensors out of the harness
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
BlakeGroce

Age : 18
Join date : 2019-06-02
Posts : 353
Forum Rep : 36
Location : Richmond Ky

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Well fellers the garage is now ready to move into!  Danceparty

Got all the interior walls up and painted and everything. Wanted to do the entire walls in osb but as y'all know the price on wood has gone up 3 times it's original cost. Right now a 4x8 sheet of plywood cost about 50 bucks which is crazy. So we decided to use what osb we had around the bottom and just drywall the rest. Ain't got a ceiling in yet but that can come later, dad wants to do some sort of metal and he's leaning towards some old barn roof metal if we can find some.

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210411
Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210412
Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210410


Last edited by BlakeGroce on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

MightyRaze and Rustbucket Garage like this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Age : 46
Join date : 2016-09-06
Posts : 7137
Forum Rep : 539
Location : Central Oklahoma

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Very nice!  If it were me, I'd probably leave the rafters open.   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 1f61c

_______________________________________________
Li'l RED my original modified tractor!

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 2:40 pm

@BlakeGroce Gotta say, that’s a really impressive shop! Now you can really start restoring GTs Wink
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
BlakeGroce

Age : 18
Join date : 2019-06-02
Posts : 353
Forum Rep : 36
Location : Richmond Ky

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 7:42 pm

Thanks guys! Been moving in and it's been going faster than I thought it would be. Been using Brutus to move everything so far!

I also got this old cultivator thing from my uncle's junkyard. He said I could have it last year but I forgot about it and the weeds grew up so tall I didnt feel like getting eat up with ticks or find a snake looking for it. But since it's spring, the weeds are all down and I went and got it last time I visited. Not sure what it came from but my uncle thought it might have came with an old walk-behind tractor they use to have but he's not too sure. Knowing my papaw its untelling where it came from. 

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210413

Anyone know where I can get those "tines" "scratchers"? Not sure what they're called.

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Age : 46
Join date : 2016-09-06
Posts : 7137
Forum Rep : 539
Location : Central Oklahoma

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 2:38 pm

Little freebee I got over the weekend.  Initial plan is to get it mowing again so I can mow the tight side of the house I have to push mow.  Push mower has lost compression, so it needs work, but this I can ride.... LOL

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Img_1311
Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Img_1310

Engine is free, seems to have compression.  Lots to clean.  Right rear tire is fused to axle and will need cut off.  I already have a wheel on order.  Other side is free.  I will put my xtrac's on the rear of this thing.  fronts look to need replaced as well.  They seem pretty easy to source.  Mower deck is free and smooth turning.  Engagement lever seems stiff, but that's fixable.  I wish the engine had electric start.  The carb has some tom-foolery done to it.

_______________________________________________
Li'l RED my original modified tractor!

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 3:35 pm

Pulled my dad’s d140 out of storage this year...new battery and fired right up even with 4 month old gas. Wooooo! Danceparty


Last edited by Rustbucket Garage on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
BlakeGroce

Age : 18
Join date : 2019-06-02
Posts : 353
Forum Rep : 36
Location : Richmond Ky

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 3:45 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
Little freebee I got over the weekend.  Initial plan is to get it mowing again so I can mow the tight side of the house I have to push mow.  Push mower has lost compression, so it needs work, but this I can ride.... LOL

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Img_1311
Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Img_1310

Engine is free, seems to have compression.  Lots to clean.  Right rear tire is fused to axle and will need cut off.  I already have a wheel on order.  Other side is free.  I will put my xtrac's on the rear of this thing.  fronts look to need replaced as well.  They seem pretty easy to source.  Mower deck is free and smooth turning.  Engagement lever seems stiff, but that's fixable.  I wish the engine had electric start.  The carb has some tom-foolery done to it.

Shweet! That thing is way cool!
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Nice find, can’t beat free!
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 9:49 am

@BlakeGroce wrote:
Thanks guys! Been moving in and it's been going faster than I thought it would be. Been using Brutus to move everything so far!

I also got this old cultivator thing from my uncle's junkyard. He said I could have it last year but I forgot about it and the weeds grew up so tall I didnt feel like getting eat up with ticks or find a snake looking for it. But since it's spring, the weeds are all down and I went and got it last time I visited. Not sure what it came from but my uncle thought it might have came with an old walk-behind tractor they use to have but he's not too sure. Knowing my papaw its untelling where it came from. 

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210413

Anyone know where I can get those "tines" "scratchers"? Not sure what they're called.

I  know exactly what you're talking about, but I have no idea what they're called, but I guarantee you that tractor supply would probably have them.

Edit: Do you mean this style? These are just called cultivator tines. Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 E49a0032695f99bd566388febace
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Age : 46
Join date : 2016-09-06
Posts : 7137
Forum Rep : 539
Location : Central Oklahoma

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 12:56 pm

@Rustbucket Garage wrote:
@BlakeGroce wrote:
Thanks guys! Been moving in and it's been going faster than I thought it would be. Been using Brutus to move everything so far!

I also got this old cultivator thing from my uncle's junkyard. He said I could have it last year but I forgot about it and the weeds grew up so tall I didnt feel like getting eat up with ticks or find a snake looking for it. But since it's spring, the weeds are all down and I went and got it last time I visited. Not sure what it came from but my uncle thought it might have came with an old walk-behind tractor they use to have but he's not too sure. Knowing my papaw its untelling where it came from. 

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210413

Anyone know where I can get those "tines" "scratchers"? Not sure what they're called.

I  know exactly what you're talking about, but I have no idea what they're called, but I guarantee you that tractor supply would probably have them.

Edit: Do you mean this style? These are just called cultivator tines. Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 E49a0032695f99bd566388febace

I bet these types of attachments would work on that frame.  Not sure where you would get them today outside looking craigslist or marketplace.

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20160210

On a side note... I'd say almost half the site user accounts were created in 2016.  Just an observation.

_______________________________________________
Li'l RED my original modified tractor!

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

Join date : 2019-02-04
Posts : 1726
Forum Rep : 66
Location : North Carolina

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 pm

I need some help here guys... A smaller front drive belt maybe?


https://photos.app.goo.gl/nE4pCMQcSdgRFoBD6
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver


Age : 17
Join date : 2020-12-23
Posts : 100
Forum Rep : 3
Location : Roachdale IN

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 2:50 pm

been delaying on wrenching almost got the truck running almost halfway done with my yard machines i think the motors head gasket is blown from overheating or something. if i have to i may retire my 17.5 shes a little tired. i was offroading it and the frame twisted and broke my exhaust mount. im going till the motor gives up then gonna swap motors. also ive got a 110 sun L atv i swapped a 125 semi auto 3 mabye 4 speed and i finnally got it running and riding and its waaaay too fast
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 5:06 pm

@Murraymountain wrote:
I need some help here guys... A smaller front drive belt maybe?


https://photos.app.goo.gl/nE4pCMQcSdgRFoBD6

I know very little about vari drives so take my word with a grain of salt. Actually you’re probably going to want the whole shaker, but here goes.

It sounds to me like the belt is getting too much tension on either the pulley stack or the variator. I would imagine that a rubber belt might (key word there, this is just thought) give you the needed slippage when the clutch is out. @Maine Mud Mower has tested Kevlar belts and found that wrapped belts grip more from what I understand.


A quick tip for you also is over the years I have found that it’s d Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 252588580 ed near impossible to fix something when you’re flustered.... believe me, you’ll have headache after headache. Walk away, come back to it later, I don’t know about you but I can’t think when I’m frustrated.


Here are some videos I’ve seen that might be helpful. Good luck, hope it all works well.


I think this is probably the best for your purposes.


I hope this is helpful.

Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
BlakeGroce

Age : 18
Join date : 2019-06-02
Posts : 353
Forum Rep : 36
Location : Richmond Ky

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 12:46 am

@MightyRaze wrote:
@Rustbucket Garage wrote:
@BlakeGroce wrote:
Thanks guys! Been moving in and it's been going faster than I thought it would be. Been using Brutus to move everything so far!

I also got this old cultivator thing from my uncle's junkyard. He said I could have it last year but I forgot about it and the weeds grew up so tall I didnt feel like getting eat up with ticks or find a snake looking for it. But since it's spring, the weeds are all down and I went and got it last time I visited. Not sure what it came from but my uncle thought it might have came with an old walk-behind tractor they use to have but he's not too sure. Knowing my papaw its untelling where it came from. 

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210413

Anyone know where I can get those "tines" "scratchers"? Not sure what they're called.

I  know exactly what you're talking about, but I have no idea what they're called, but I guarantee you that tractor supply would probably have them.

Edit: Do you mean this style? These are just called cultivator tines. Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 E49a0032695f99bd566388febace

I bet these types of attachments would work on that frame.  Not sure where you would get them today outside looking craigslist or marketplace.

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20160210

On a side note... I'd say almost half the site user accounts were created in 2016.  Just an observation.

I did find some on Agir Supply but we dont have one anywhere near here so I'll have to order some one of these days. I dont really know how I'm going to mount it up just yet so I think I might wait till then but I'm thinking about making some "scratchers" for it out of some big nails we have laying around. I'll have to wait till next week before I can work on it because I've got an archery tournament this weekend and I need to finish getting sighted in.
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver


Age : 17
Join date : 2020-12-23
Posts : 100
Forum Rep : 3
Location : Roachdale IN

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 11:44 am

gotta change the plugs in my truck to see if i can get it to run and time it and adjust everything in
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 1:31 pm

@Rustbucket Garage wrote:
@BlakeGroce wrote:
Thanks guys! Been moving in and it's been going faster than I thought it would be. Been using Brutus to move everything so far!

I also got this old cultivator thing from my uncle's junkyard. He said I could have it last year but I forgot about it and the weeds grew up so tall I didnt feel like getting eat up with ticks or find a snake looking for it. But since it's spring, the weeds are all down and I went and got it last time I visited. Not sure what it came from but my uncle thought it might have came with an old walk-behind tractor they use to have but he's not too sure. Knowing my papaw its untelling where it came from. 

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 20210413

Anyone know where I can get those "tines" "scratchers"? Not sure what they're called.

I  know exactly what you're talking about, but I have no idea what they're called, but I guarantee you that tractor supply would probably have them.

Edit: Do you mean this style? These are just called cultivator tines.

My mistake, those are called spring tines, sorry. Might have more luck under that name.
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
BlakeGroce

Age : 18
Join date : 2019-06-02
Posts : 353
Forum Rep : 36
Location : Richmond Ky

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:00 am

@Rustbucket Garage I appreciate it! I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to cultivators  Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 2731072446
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:45 pm

@BlakeGroce wrote:
@Rustbucket Garage I appreciate it! I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to cultivators  Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 2731072446
And that makes two!  lol!  Seriously though, happy to help.


On another note I’ve been poking around on marketplace and all the lawn tractors I find are $100s plus... had some nice cheap ones around $50 last year and I don’t know why they aren’t around now. Maybe it’s too early? Or am I not checking often enough? Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. Hoping to “theoretically” start an actual ATLT top-classified project this summer when WL is all complete. If something works out more will be revealed.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Age : 46
Join date : 2016-09-06
Posts : 7137
Forum Rep : 539
Location : Central Oklahoma

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 pm

Everything has gone up...   Angry

And when you do find those $50 ones, they are snatched in a matter of minutes.

_______________________________________________
Li'l RED my original modified tractor!

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Join date : 2021-01-15
Posts : 304
Forum Rep : 25
Location : Upstate New York

Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:04 pm

Glad to hear it’s not just me. I’ve been told that the reason lumber prices are so bad right now is because of a big boom in single family housing and I wonder if maybe that is part of it. 

Alternatively, maybe people did what I did and spent quarantine learning small engine repair and now nobody wants to throw their stuff away.

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic anything 2021 Edition!   Off topic anything 2021 Edition! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Off topic anything 2021 Edition!
Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: