All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
Site under minor construction...
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yeethaw
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
yeethaw

Forum Rep : 8

late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Empty
PostSubject: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 1:39 pm

Recently got this little craftsman and have been building it to go fast. I've been searching the web for a while and apparently its rare and from the late 60's. I've only seen two with the same body style and one other with the same paint scheme. I haven't been able to find any further information on it, so if anyone knows anything about it let me know. Originally it had a 3 speed chain drive trans to a axle with a differential, and it was powered by a 7hp single. Currently, I'm working on making it drive-able with the opposed twin and a 7-3 pulley swap. once it warms up enough for me to work on it outside I plan on race prepping a 5 speed 700 to swap in along with a 36"x1" live axle mounted 4" lower than stock. Future plans include lowering and widening the front end, redoing the steering to something tighter, and either dual carbs or a large round-slide carb.

late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Img_7410
late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Img_5910
late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Img_5510
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Cool find! I love the styling. One suggestion: if you can, polish those chrome hubcaps and keep them on, they would fit your build really well! late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build 2731072446

yeethaw likes this post

Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

Forum Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 10:07 pm

dude! that thing is stupid rare!!!! tallies up as two side shaft 10hp models and your vertical! any info much apriciated! love the project! just know its crazy rare! edit i own one of the 3 known ones! so do you! my specific one was a 69 and 70 only
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Cool little machine. Like how the opposed is stuffed in there

yeethaw likes this post

Back to top Go down
yeethaw
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
yeethaw

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 11:57 pm

@Budget_gokart do you have any more information about this one or the craftmans of this style in general? im mainly trying to figure out what year it could be. the other guy i talked to who had one has had it for 20 years and hasnt been able to find any information on it either.

Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

Forum Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 12:27 am

Not 100% sure but yours is vertical but has same rims tires and deck and grille as my model mine seems to be even more rare ive seen a few videos with your mower but mine was made on 1969 or 1970 and when i searched 60s and 70s craftsman mower on youtube mainly those popped up
Back to top Go down
yeethaw
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
yeethaw

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 11:06 pm

got the opposed twin in and got to drive it around today, the trans whines really bad and pops out of first, also its extremely narrow which makes driving it sketchy. So to solve these problems im gonna swap in a race prepped 5 speed and a live axle on pillow blocks. one thing im trying to decide is if i should slam it to the ground or if i should lower it a little and put some 18" atv tires on the back to make it like redzz02's haspin build. im leaning more towards making it a rally tractor that i can take on tamer trails while still being able to go fast on the road. If anyone has input on which direction i should go then let me know.late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Img_7911
late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Img_7910
Back to top Go down
yeethaw
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
yeethaw

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 1:14 pm

late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Img_8710

put the live axle in and she rips! im having some trans issues though so its parked for now and im just gonna swap the 5 speed into it instead of screwing with the stock one. The rims are off a john deere 165 and i painted them red and put the stock hubcaps on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build   late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

late 60s craftsman mini mower/cruiser build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Speed, Race, and Drag Tractors-
Jump to: