All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South

Go down 
+2
Murraymountain
TheJakeOfJake
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheJakeOfJake
TheJakeOfJake

mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Empty
PostSubject: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2021, 5:22 pm

Hey. I know and feel the pain of everyone in the south not being able to drive 14 hours to Ohio or Pennsylvania to go to TTC or other meets and competitions.

I think it would be a cool idea to organize an event for all the talented builders and riders in the south to do a meet/off road competition/free-ride so we can all show off our tractors and have some good riding.

This event could be held in Georgia and just be whatever we make it to be.

Reply below if you want to join and want to get the event happening!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2021, 5:54 pm

I'd be down. It'd have to setup toward Dec/Jan if I was gonna make it though.

The only place I know of around here (technically Georgia) is Rockcrusher Farm in Young Harris GA/Haysville NC. Trails are all in NC but yet the office is in GA. So it's quite literally on the state line. My town in NC is about 3 hours from Atlanta which would make Rockcrusher about 2.5 hours from Atlanta, 2.5 hours from Asheville, and 3 hours from Chattanooga.

It is $20 per person helmets required.

The main problem with these southern rides is that there's not many builders on this forum from the south. Or at least not anymore. You'd have to contact Facebook groups to get some people. Groups like NC Mud Mowers and whoever GA has. I don't even think NC Mud Mowers would come though. Either way it can't hurt to try.

So there, Rockcrusher is my vote.

Here's their FB page:

Rockcrusher Farm
Back to top Go down
TheJakeOfJake
TheJakeOfJake

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2021, 6:55 pm

Murraymountain wrote:
I'd be down. It'd have to setup toward Dec/Jan if I was gonna make it though.

The only place I know of around here (technically Georgia) is Rockcrusher Farm in Young Harris GA/Haysville NC. Trails are all in NC but yet the office is in GA. So it's quite literally on the state line. My town in NC is about 3 hours from Atlanta which would make Rockcrusher about 2.5 hours from Atlanta, 2.5 hours from Asheville, and 3 hours from Chattanooga.

It is $20 per person helmets required.

The main problem with these southern rides is that there's not many builders on this forum from the south. Or at least not anymore. You'd have to contact Facebook groups to get some people. Groups like NC Mud Mowers and whoever GA has. I don't even think NC Mud Mowers would come though. Either way it can't hurt to try.

So there, Rockcrusher is my vote.

Here's their FB page:

Rockcrusher Farm

I see they have dirt bike speed tracks, but do they have technical stuff and mud pits and woods trails. do you have pictures?

Theres a place in calhoun georgia that i know of called 5313 offroad park, there super chill, i think its like $10 per person.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2021, 7:37 pm

Oh yes they have all of that. I have few pics. The mud pits aren't anything like Redzz02 or FearlessFront but they're definitely mud pits.

These pics are just me hopping off at random points and taking pics. There's nothing technical in the pics but trust me, it gets real technical in some spots.

mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South P1160053
mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South P1160054
mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South P1160052

The Calhoun place works for me as well. Just depends on which one would be better for everyone else really.

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheJakeOfJake
TheJakeOfJake

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2021, 8:07 pm

I think we should wait to find a location until we get more people in here,
Back to top Go down
TheJakeOfJake
TheJakeOfJake

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2021, 11:52 am

@Murraymountain would you think mister studebaker would go
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 12:15 am

TheJakeOfJake wrote:
@Murraymountain  would you think mister studebaker would go

Hard to say really. He lives up north but he goes about anywhere for rides so I really don't know. All depends if he's around at that time.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 9:04 pm

I think all his tractors are down at the moment. He just finished the TTC in Penn. He lives in Michigan. I'm sure Astra is beat up, I think Keiser needs engine overhaul and he is just now building his new rig Maximus!

@Mister_Studabaker

mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Sig214mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Sig314
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 9:15 pm

I hadn’t heard anything about maximus… did he rename St Pepper? Or is this a new rig? Sorry if I’m jacking the thread
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 10:16 pm

I'll end this thread jacking. Sgt Pepper I think is a 2082, and I think Maximus is a new build 1210.

Let us return to regular schedule meetup discussions.

mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Sig214mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Sig314

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheJakeOfJake
TheJakeOfJake

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2021, 2:44 pm

i want to bring this back since its getting closer to the time we would be doing this, and to bring back people viewing it. If anybody wants to join in, just make a post
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2021, 10:13 am

First I’ll start this off with, there is no good builds in the south 😜 totally kidding!

A Top Tractor Challenge with multiple courses is very difficult and time consuming to build/host.

You solely need to be dedicated from the start to finish or you need a solid group of people that 100% want to host a competition or else you will fail miserably.

The reason why my TTC is somewhat successful is because I built all of the courses and they are all in on location aside from the hill climb which is only a short drive up the road. Natural obstacles is 1000x better than home built but usually the land scape can’t offer multiple courses in one central location without traveling far distances through the woods. Which ends up burning day light fast

My suggestion is either hosting some sort of off-road race, a mud bog, or a rock crawl event of some sort. It is a lot easier to host a single course event versus a multi course event. Or find someone with property in the south with good terrain and may I stress even more important than good terrain is ROOM FOR PARKING AND PEOPLE. The biggest issue with my TTC is I have no room for parking or to house people.

Sorry this is all a whole bunch of rambling and may not make much sense, but I definitely hope someone hosts a good competition and myself and I don’t doubt Mr Studabaker would show up to compete. Just don’t host another illegal back yard Georgia fiasco and you guys will be ahead of the game

Espyville Mudders
White Trash Productions
Ohio Offroad Mowers
Top Tractor Challenge Host
#StopStretchingTractors2021
Builds: Sears Killer, Mud Dynamark, Drift Missile, 4x4 Dynamark + many more

https://www.youtube.com/user/redzz02
https://www.facebook.com/Redzz02

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Destructive
Destructive

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2021, 4:38 pm

Totally agree with Redzz02 on this. After competing in this year’s top tractor challenge, I got to see in person how much work he had to put in to make it happen. It is astonishing what he built knowing that he did it not for money but just passion. Coming from NC wheeler though I would enjoy a good single event rock crawl in the south eventually 👌
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South   mower - Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mud Mower Meet/Competion Of The South
Page 1 of 1