All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Look what happens when you turn 67

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
80indy

Look what happens when you turn 67 Empty
PostSubject: Look what happens when you turn 67   Look what happens when you turn 67 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2021, 1:08 pm

I had the engine off and made an independent suspension system, lowered the seat, changed steering angle with a u joint. New running boards and fenders.
Everything was going great.
Put the engine back.
Totally FORGOT about the exhaust. Now it doesn't fit.
What are my options? I don't have a tube bender for 1 inch pipe and my welding
of thin metal sucks. I do have a lathe and milling machine though.
I was thinking of flex tubing.
Look what happens when you turn 67 Exhaus10

Okie743 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Look what happens when you turn 67   Look what happens when you turn 67 Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2021, 8:46 am

That's some very clean and professional fab work on the suspension! Well done sir! I think flex tubing will be fine.

Back to top Go down
Okie743

PostSubject: Re: Look what happens when you turn 67   Look what happens when you turn 67 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2021, 7:49 am

I've used plumbing fitting to re-arrange the exhaust on Briggs twins.
Using pipe nipples, 90's, 45's, and street ell's. (I have access to lots used of 1 inch plumbing fittings, pipe and a pipe threader.

If you will remove one of the exhaust pipes at the engine and check I think you will find that the block is threaded inside the exhaust port for 1 inch pipe.
After I got the exhaust pipes in the desired direction I just used a 1 inch threaded small engine straight through muffler on the end of the pipe.
I rigged some with dual exhaust headed towards the rear. Exhaust sounds like a glass pack muffler on the Briggs twins.

Also Briggs used lots of different type exhaust slip fitting for the different type of exhaust layouts.

Neat work on the Independent suspension.

Is that ATV/Motorcycle shocks?

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
80indy

PostSubject: Re: Look what happens when you turn 67   Look what happens when you turn 67 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2021, 9:42 am

The exhaust on my engine is 3/4 npt. I did buy a couple of fittings to experiment with.
I was looking at an atlas muffler AT-0123 that has 3/4 inch threads. It is for 8hp.
I thought 2 might work as dual exhaust .The engine is 19 hp.
The shocks are cheap bicycle shocks from Walmart.ca. There is no shock system as I found out, they are just springs to look like real shocks. You get what you pay for. They do work well as springs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what happens when you turn 67   Look what happens when you turn 67 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look what happens when you turn 67
Page 1 of 1