All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
Site under minor construction...
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!
2021 Top Tractor Challenge Results 1. CreepyCrawler - Tom Zeisler 2. Redzz02 - Sean Meyer 3. Bedestructive - Ryan Deavers 4. Andy Manfred 5. Cooper Lantagne 6. George Irwin 7. Mowbro’s - Ben Hendricks 8. Captain315 - Scotty Andrew 9. Mud mowers from hell, Brian DeLong 10. Mr. Studabaker - Cleetus Joe 11. Mud Mowers from Hell, Sam McCarty 12. Craftsmancrusher - Anthony Cantin

Build-Off is over...

Go down 
+5
Budget_gokart
redzz02
Brianator
Murraymountain
MightyRaze
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 553

Build-Off is over... Empty
PostSubject: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 pm

Build-Off is over... 2019-l11

I have regretfully decided to cancel the Build-Off for 2022, and possibly going forwarded unless the site should pick back up again.  I had high hopes for bringing it back next year but, interest in it is extremely small. @Doug and I have been discussing the Build-Off for several months off and on.  Our biggest issue is; there just isn't enough interest or traffic with the site anymore.  Along with a lot of the much watched (popular) members of the past, so have gone the people wanting to interact with them. Even the second generation of members like myself have all but left or quit interacting with the site.

So with that, the Build-Off is over until the site picks back up or @Doug decides to go ahead with it.

-MightyRaze

TheGreenMachine 89 Craftsman GT18
Bowser 01 Murray Widebody LT 
Thor 77 Hydro Sears Suburban
Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 10:16 pm

@Murraymountain There is your answer.  Build-Off is over... 1f623

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
@Murraymountain There is your answer.  Build-Off is over... 1f623

Oh well.  Sad  Back to building then.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 10:52 pm

Sorry man.

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Brianator

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 11:12 pm

Go figure... I retired my 1984 Sears LT11 from lawn service last year and recently have been gearing up to turn it into a offroad trail mower and trail rig! My plan was to build it over the winter so I popped in to make sure I haven't gone too far already to qualify for the build off... I never did have the best timing! Lol
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Supporter
Supporter
redzz02

Forum Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 1:57 pm

I would absolutely love to see this forum grow once again and another build off take place, but I believe if spoken with you mighty, Doug, and a lot of other people. With Facebook, Instagram, and now tictok, the forum mentality is being killed. I wish that wasn’t the case but having an app you can quickly go onto and post stuff makes it’s easy for the younger generation and even a large portion of the older generation vs having to log into forum (which that’s no ones fault and it’s just the way it is) I greatly appreciate your efforts and everyone that continues to keep this forum alive

Top Tractor Challenge Host
#StopStretchingTractors2021
Builds: Sears Killer, Mud Dynamark, Drift Missile, 4x4 Dynamark + many more

https://www.youtube.com/user/redzz02
https://www.facebook.com/Redzz02
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

Forum Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 2:03 pm

i have some app making experience havent published one but made a few... for school projects and i have alot of programming experience starting code from scratch etc and coded for a video game a small bit in modding. i love the forums the info is amazing but it takes a bit to find info plus people think all the small writing and stuff makes it boring but i really like forums would be more conveinent with an app and if we advertized on our channels the forum might grow if i had atltf stickers i would advertize regulary
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Problem with an app, Doug doesn't own anything but the name pretty much.  He doesn't even own the database all this information is in.  So if we wanted to move somewhere else, we loose everything.  The "HOST" for ATLTF Forumotion did have an app, but it wasn't that friendly for most.  Their current "app" just makes a web shortcut to my knowledge to the forum.

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 2:25 pm

well what i was thinking if an app was made it would be general garden tractor/yard tractor forum but setup with a forum page a tractor infos page a media page kinda like google is but specifically atltf related stuff idk just an idea
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Supporter
Supporter
redzz02

Forum Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm

By no means am I saying that atltf needs or pushing for an app, I’m just stating that other apps that make it more convenient for people to post there junk is what killed forums, and is probably the reason for such little traffic on this forum today. No one wants to do research anymore and just wants to go ask a question on social media and wants answers right away

Top Tractor Challenge Host
#StopStretchingTractors2021
Builds: Sears Killer, Mud Dynamark, Drift Missile, 4x4 Dynamark + many more

https://www.youtube.com/user/redzz02
https://www.facebook.com/Redzz02

LAWN MOWER MUDDER, MightyRaze and Budget_gokart like this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm

@redzz02 wrote:
By no means am I saying that atltf needs or pushing for an app, I’m just stating that other apps that make it more convenient for people to post there junk is what killed forums, and is probably the reason for such little traffic on this forum today. No one wants to do research anymore and just wants to go ask a question on social media and wants answers right away

Even though their answer was already posted 968 times already in the same Facebook group. They still ask the question.

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16

Murraymountain, Brianator and Budget_gokart like this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Brianator

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 7:13 pm

Lol. I prefer forums personally, there's much better expertise, organization and something alot of social media places lack.... a sense of community!

Last edited by Brianator on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

LAWN MOWER MUDDER, MightyRaze, Budget_gokart and Rustbucket Garage like this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 pm

Same. I don’t have to worry about zuckerburg stalking me on here. lol!

Besides, people are helpful here instead of cussing you out and calling you names like small children.

On the subject of the build off, looking on the bright side this saved me a bunch of money…for now at least. Heh heh heh

Murraymountain, Brianator, Budget_gokart and MN mudder like this post

Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 2:07 pm

i get your points of view i agree also the ZUCC and the karens stop me from using facebook plus you get distracted easy. hey if anyone has youtube just make sure you advertise the forums as much as possible to bring it back around. i will try my best

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Dr Bob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Dr Bob

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 3:23 pm

It's sad to say but so many people today are not mechanically inclined, nor have the interest to be. I have three guys and a girl who rent from me right next door. Of the four of them, the girl is the only one who has taken interest in the small engines... she asked if I could fix her moped lol. They all said the tractors are cool and all but never put down the video game to come outside and do something.

I'm just getting into thus and I direct people here all the time but people love social media... the same crap over and over. I prefer those who think outside the box.

@MightyRaze Many thanks to you and everyone who makes this happen. I started checking out some more threads here and saw that your daughter is getting into the build. My hat's off to you sir for teaching your kids (hoping your back gets well soon) and kudos to your daughter for taking interest in something without a screen.

@redzz02 I think you're right about people. They are addicted to social media platforms. Monkey see, monkey do.  I watch your vids and It seems like your TTC is gaining popularity. Great stuff. I would love to be involved with some more stuff like this that could promote ATLTF and YouTube mud mower channels. I've just purchased some land in WNY and want to put in a course or two. I'd love to host a similar or cross host an even in the future.

All in all, I'm quite sad to hear the buildoffs are on hold and that the forum is slowing down. Just when I take interest, and here I was under the impression that the forum was growing. I'd like to see representatives for local chapter ride group kinda growth. This place has been a wealth of knowledge for me and I haven't yet come to the point where I can give back.

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Brianator

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 4:03 pm

Yup some people are sure letting life experiences pass them by that's for sure! Everything in moderation. Variety is the spice of life!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 7:14 pm

I'm glad to see the site pick up the little bit it has.  I think there was a couple weeks in the summer the site went vacant for 5-6 days.

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
BlakeGroce

Forum Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 10:34 am

I found my issue is that I just dont have time to really post stuff on here or have an update worth posting.
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 10:40 am

i only have time for forums at school and night time and nobody is usually on at those times i teach anyone willing to learn and get off the games and we go play on tractors and my girlfreind rode an old hydro craftsman around for a while and loved it now ive gotta make a more reliable tractor for her if i get the time ever. im currently building a work horse which will be for every one willing to ride it

MightyRaze and MN mudder like this post

Back to top Go down
MN mudder
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
MN mudder

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:27 am

I hear ya none of my friends want to learn anything all they want to do is sit on social media like the chapsnats and instafaces . the only people who really talk tractors are my dad and other family members. until I found the forum which is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build-Off is over...   Build-Off is over... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Build-Off is over...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Forum Announcements & Suggestions :: Announcements-
Jump to: