All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
New Awards system! Look for your award at 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, and 10000 Posts!!!

-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder

Go down 
+7
Murraymountain
Nevadablue
mr.modified
TechnoChicken
diddie
MightyRaze
Brianator
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Brianator
Established Member
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder    -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2022, 9:48 pm

I'm not so sure they were Slimed but maybe they were at one point? They had tubes and they were crusted to the rim pretty badly! Lol. The rear wheels were pretty bad too, it was a working tractor on a farm it's whole life so it's taken alot of abuse and had alot of repairs over the years!
Back to top Go down
diddie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
diddie

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder    -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2022, 7:49 pm

@Brianator I've seen some bad rims, but wow !

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Established Member
Established Member
Brianator

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder    -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2022, 10:06 pm

@diddie I hear ya! I've never seen any THAT bad either!

Well, I've got a little tinkering done the last couple days!

I replaced the rod ends on the tie rod for pretty cheap ($23), cleaned it up and hit it with some bedliner...-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 20220597

...and replaced the control shaft seal so no more leaky hydro!
-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 20220598

The power grid in my area is overloaded with it being the weekend in cottage country and everyone running their ACs to stay cool (been 86F the last few days) so I can't weld new rod ends on the drag link yet but I was looking over the rest of the steering and noticed the lower bushing at the steering gear is thrashed so I'll have to look into that soon.

Yesterday my neighbor @CodeRed and I were bombing it around my yard and testing it over some obstacles and stuff, the tractor itself was doing really well but the engine started acting funny and I lost throttle control but everything is hooked up the way it was. Turns out the governor (and arm) stuck in the idle position so I'm not sure what that's about but I've reset it and will hopefully test it out tomorrow!

Sorry for the weak update but it's still progress! Lol

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Established Member
Established Member
Brianator

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder    -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:31 pm

I got the new (matching) front tires on!
-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 20220599

The ATV tires were pretty cool I have to say but it lifted the nose of the tractor too high blocking visibility and will mess with my headlight alignment! Lol. I've done alot of testing and crawling over obstacles around the yard the last couple days with the ATV tires so while it was all fresh in my mind I redid everything with the new fronts hoping they would still roll over stuff well and they did!

The outside of the tires are pretty even front and rear now too which is a bonus!
-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 20220600

I mentioned in my previous post that something funny had gone on with the motor and I reset the governor, well all seems well now it didn't miss a beat! I'm hoping to get it out on some trails next weekend for a proper shakedown run to see how it does!

That's all for now guys!

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder    -complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder  - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-complete- [22 BO] Brianator's "Mud Duck"- Tractor Recovery Rig/Mudder
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10