All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Old mtd drive belt questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Empty
PostSubject: Old mtd drive belt questions   drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2022, 9:11 pm

I have an old square body wards [I only know this because "wards " is the only  thing that I can make out,   on the under seat tag.......

I was messing around with the mower today and ended up with both belts on the same side of the varidrive sprocket... on investigation I noticed that the sprocket was just holding on with the bottom bolt.........I'm guessing that is what meshed the belts onto one side......I found a bolt for the top mounting hole and then decided that the belts looked pretty bad [probably originals??].......

The front has [what i can read??] 07788....I'm pretty sure of the o77, but the 88 could be,&& or ....66......the belt is a 5/8" and measures 53".......

the back belt is 5/8" with no numbers that i can make out.....it measures 44 inches

so far I have found a few close measurments but not 53 and 44.....I'll keep looking........but if someone give me a lead on a good seller I'll check that out too..
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Old mtd drive belt questions   drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2022, 10:53 pm

Front belt part#'s 754-0280/954-0280  5/8" x 53"
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002G8V92M
Alternate number for front belt 95621

Rear belt part#'s  754-0281/954-0281  5/8 x 44.2"
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UNZ55BG
Alternate number for rear belt 95199

Hey would you mind popping over to this thread dedicated to the MTD square bodies and enter yours with a pic and what info you know please?

https://www.atltf.com/t6837-mtd-square-body-mowers-information-and-pictures

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: Old mtd drive belt questions   drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2022, 12:49 am

Thanks a lot for the info...I guess my belts have not stretched much......I'll order 2 from amazon

i guess I'm loosing touch with my computer skills, i can't seem to figure out howto load a pic any more??......sorry

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Old mtd drive belt questions   drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2022, 9:07 am

DiGiacomo wrote:
I have an old square body wards [I only know this because "wards " is the only  thing that I can make out,   on the under seat tag.......

I was messing around with the mower today and ended up with both belts on the same side of the varidrive sprocket... on investigation I noticed that the sprocket was just holding on with the bottom bolt.........I'm guessing that is what meshed the belts onto one side......I found a bolt for the top mounting hole and then decided that the belts looked pretty bad [probably originals??].......

The front has [what i can read??] 07788....I'm pretty sure of the o77, but the 88 could be,&& or ....66......the belt is a 5/8" and measures 53".......

the back belt is 5/8" with no numbers that i can make out.....it measures 44 inches

so far I have found a few close measurments but not 53 and 44.....I'll keep looking........but if someone give me a lead on a good seller I'll check that out too..
I would honestly be shocked to see original belts on a 5 year old mower, I would seriously doubt that those would be factory belts if they are though you should hang onto them, that's kinda cool to have?
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Old mtd drive belt questions   drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2022, 10:06 am

@DiGiacomo No problem! If you look at the top row in the message box you'll see this symbol (red arrow) which is to add a picture.
drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Screen93

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old mtd drive belt questions   drive - Old mtd drive  belt questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old mtd drive belt questions
Page 1 of 1