All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
New Awards system! Look for your award at 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, and 10000 Posts!!!

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)

Go down 
+2
JittyJat
Murraymountain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Murraymountain

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Empty
PostSubject: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2022, 12:28 pm

Guys, I've done it again...

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Scree103

YEP. Yet ANOTHER Murray Widebody gets turned into a mud mower. Why? Good question. I really don't know. Idk why I chose another Widebody, idk why I needed another ATLT, idk how I got 12 different Murrays, idk how I plan to build it... I just don't know. All I know is I got two Widebodies for parts, and 1 of them I think is good enough to become a mower to sell. This one however was missing a motor and seat, but everything else was there. And me being myself, convinced myself that I need 3 Murray Widebody ATLTs. So now, Alfredo here completes my trinity of Murray Widebody ATLTs.

So I guess we might as well talk about the mower a little bit. I got it for free the other day for parts. But obviously that has changed. So for a powerplant, I am going to use the 12 horse Kohler I built for the MM a year ago. It has an MST-205, burned solenoid, missing the same parts every Widebody is always missing. Nothing really interesting. Just a plain ol Widebody with a Kohler on it and the stamped frames original seat.

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Scree104
Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Screen42
Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Screen43
Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Screen45
Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Screen44

The plans are simple right now. Get the Kohler all hooked up and running good, get the wheel setup situated, put a 4" pulley on the trans and changed the belt and idler pulley, and put a solenoid, ignition switch, muffler, gas tank, and gas pedal on it. Maybe some headlights. Other than that, I have no plans for it yet. Definitely will be brainstorming.

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Scree105
Back to top Go down
JittyJat
JittyJat

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2022, 12:31 pm

Looks like a fun project love that connection on the starter solenoid lol!

Murraymountain and TechnoChicken like this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brianator

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2022, 8:58 am

Do a lowered, stripped down racer for dirt and ice and I'll race ya once I've built the same out of my "Partshorse" LT11! Lol

Nevadablue and TechnoChicken like this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Established Member
Nevadablue

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2022, 12:09 pm

Brianator wrote:
Do a lowered, stripped down racer for dirt and ice and I'll race ya once I've built the same out of my "Partshorse" LT11! Lol

I second the motion! cheers

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Murraymountain

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2022, 12:16 am

Brianator wrote:

Mannn, I would but that’s what the Scat Rat will be for… if I ever do get around to that. Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) 1098998679

Nothing much done, but I did get the rear tires swapped over to the bald ones off of Ole Blue…

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Dbb11610
Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
Established Member
TechnoChicken

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2022, 9:18 am

Ah, nothing like a set of bald tires- wait - Why would you want bald tires?
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Murraymountain

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2022, 1:27 pm

Lol, mainly because they’re free and they can’t be used on a mower to sell. But also because they make for great drift tires, and the worst mud we have can be taken care of with some extra speed. Only limits me on hills and stuff. But like I said, nothing beats free

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Murraymountain

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2022, 8:24 pm

Spent a solid day working on it! Got some decent progress made on it! Got the engine mounted and all the safety switches deleted. Got the front end all cleaned up and reverse rusted and greased.

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Scree109
Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Scree108

As you saw in the LT Repair thread, Alfredo is blowing fuses. Still haven't had a chance to look further into it. Still gotta drop the trans and completely offroad prep it and lock it. Also need a gas tank and get the motor up and running. Got a little bit to go but I'll get 'er done! The 3.5 inch pulley and lights came in so I'll be getting it up and going soon!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Murraymountain

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2022, 6:27 pm

Little update on the wiring here… some interesting things going on. Please watch the video…

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

7500+ Posts
7500+ Posts!
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2022, 7:33 pm

You get both from the same location?  I forget.
If so, do they have the right switches?  Like not trying to feed power down the magneto wire?

Just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

Bowser - 01 Murray Widebody LT 
Phoenix - 75 Sears ST/16
Dirty Rat - 77 Sears Suburban
Kal-El - 82 Murray GT
 > > > ATLTF Staff < < <
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Murraymountain

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2022, 3:03 pm

Yes I did. Both from the junkyard so it would be hard to tell where they were originally from, but considering they were identical in every way shape and form, it’s safe to say they’ve been together from the factory.

However it turns out you’re on the right track with those switches. Alfredo was feeding power down the ground terminal. Dunno why. Now I’m having an issue where the start wire seems to be grounded. I’m thinking it’s all solenoid.

The other one turned out to be the same thing. I put the original switch back in and now it works correctly. Just gotta replace the solenoid on that one too.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

7500+ Posts
7500+ Posts!
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2022, 4:13 pm

Stuck solenoid?  I bought 2-3 of them "solenoids" back a year or so ago that were all faulty.  Maybe corrosion in the switch.

Bowser - 01 Murray Widebody LT 
Phoenix - 75 Sears ST/16
Dirty Rat - 77 Sears Suburban
Kal-El - 82 Murray GT
 > > > ATLTF Staff < < <
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Murraymountain

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2022, 10:37 am

I don’t know. It’s an old Murray solenoid and it sounds like it’s working when the starter is not connected. Might just stick with jumping it if I must.

I was able to finally do a little bit more to it the other night. Pulled the trans and brakes, and I figured out my light configuration… gonna have them on each side in the general area they are placed in the pics.

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) 40ecbf10
Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) 33485010

The trans is simply going to get some of the grease dumped out and some oil put in and let it mix itself, a 4 inch pulley put on with the holey mod, a grease fitting on the input and possibly a vent tube. After that it goes back in the tractor.

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) 46478d10

And here’s how Alfredo sits now:

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) 55b09b10

I am ready to get this wiring and drive train done so I can go ahead and put the dash back together and work on getting it running.

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brianator

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2022, 9:17 pm

Use a light to test your solenoid to know for sure, put the bulb in place of the starter (with a ground connected of course) and if it turns on you're good, if not the contactor in the solenoid is shot (you did say you can hear it). I actually have a 2 wire 1156 automotive bulb in a socket with alligator clips attached for just such and occasion. Guess you could just use a test light but that's way too easy! Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)   Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing: My Third Murray Widebody ATLT Build (Alfredo)
Page 1 of 1