All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

55 Springfield Rally Tractor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chevy8988
chevy8988

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Empty
PostSubject: 55 Springfield Rally Tractor   tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2022, 9:05 pm

Picked up these fiberglass panels from a swap meet for 25 bucks, what a steal, especially considering that they are fiberglass which I thought was super cool, these panels have definitely seen some racing of their own already from what I can tell considering that it already has racing numbers on them, so I guess I'll be giving them their 3rd life or so lol. I wanted to make this thing AWD but I don't really have the money at the moment to pick up parts four-wheelers for the components I need, so for now it'll just be RWD, but I'd like to make a second chassis so I could swap the panels over as if it was a RC car with body mounts and pins and possibly even have different bodies depending on what I feel like driving. The donor four-wheeler was a Kawasaki Mojave 250 for the front suspension and the frame rails were cut off of an old go-kart I've had sitting around for a while, I still have a lot of figuring to do and have had this project on the back burner for a while, hence why I'm not putting it in the build off as I'm notoriously bad about procrastinating and taking a long time to get stuff built lol. I did however manage to get this thing mostly framed up today in a few hours and am very happy with how it is looking so far. Engine fitment is looking a little tight but is definitely not as bad as I thought it was gonna be before I actually got it framed up, definitely going to be looking for lots of power in a small package, probably 2 stroke which I've always wanted to do, so that's pretty exciting. I'm honestly pretty pumped about this build, way more than any in the past I've done, so it might go faster than usual but no guarantees lol. The rear suspension will either be swing arm from the Kawasaki or a custom 4 link, more than likely I'll go with the swing arm as it has a brake and caliper on it and requires a lot less fab. I'm also excited for the fact that this will be my first build with front brakes (BURNOUTS!!!) lol. So let me know what y'all think, as always I'm open to suggestions/ideas, but i think this is going to be one mean looking build.

tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Img_2018

tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Receiv10

tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Receiv11

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 55 Springfield Rally Tractor   tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2022, 10:23 pm

WOW! This is going to be fun! Watching!

chevy8988 likes this post

Back to top Go down
chevy8988
chevy8988

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 55 Springfield Rally Tractor   tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2022, 10:25 pm

I'll be posting the YouTube video as soon as it get done uploading. The video also will have updates on my other mowers as well.

Last edited by chevy8988 on May 8th 2022, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 55 Springfield Rally Tractor   tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2022, 10:29 pm

Looks like an awesome project!

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Work in Progress)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

chevy8988 and Nevadablue like this post

Back to top Go down
chevy8988
chevy8988

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 55 Springfield Rally Tractor   tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2022, 11:43 pm

Nevadablue and TechnoChicken like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 55 Springfield Rally Tractor   tractor - 55 Springfield Rally Tractor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

55 Springfield Rally Tractor
Page 1 of 1