All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Empty
PostSubject: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 5:19 pm

hey guys, im starting to get angry. I put new pulleys in the front and rear. a 6in the front and a 4in the rear. i made two idler pulleys to kepe the original belt tight and needless to say... my clutch doesnt work anymore... it doesnt push in and im confused as hell. please guys... I NEED PICTURES OF YOUR UNDER CARAGE! i need to see some different pulley set ups to base mine off of. PLEASE
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 10:09 pm

our belt is prolly so tight that you cant move your clutch. when sticks ram up under my tractor and tighten my belt i cant move my clutch unless the stick and or branch breaks. so get under your tractor and push the clutch. tell me if its jsut to tight or if its catching on something.
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 10:29 pm

im pretty sure it was just too tight and messed up and lah blah blah, i stripped the chassis in the rear and i think im gonna lift it now and make my own clutch to fix all the problems
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 10:32 pm

If the clutch isn't moving at all I'd check the linkage to make sure nothing is binding. Here's my setup...

clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work IM001154
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 6:11 am

it works fine when the belts not im but i think that some of my idler pulleys that i put in are making it jam and restraining the clutch from moving. like im starting fresh so i dont have the deal with all this b.s.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 6:30 am

hahaha... happens to alot of people so dont feel like yur the only one. I knew from exp anyway.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 7:57 am

My murray would leap the instant i popped it in gear, i flopped it over a few times doing that- mine was due to too tight of drive belt, there needs to be some slipping when its not engaged .
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 3:02 pm

thanks for the input, im gonna start taking it apart and working on the lift brackets today so ill keep pictures and info posted on my thread in the build section "Murray Mudder now Murray Monster Mudder"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work   clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clutch doesnt work and pulleys wont work
Page 1 of 1