All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
akcender
akcender

Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Empty
PostSubject: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 4:30 pm

who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 5:05 pm

Like this?
Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? IM001516
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 5:38 pm

AcreFarm wrote:
Like this?
Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? IM001516

yeah just like that. How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 5:58 pm

I made an adapter for the carb from a PVC cap, and just used a little pipe & an elbow for the rest of it. I found a filter that would fit on top of the PVC and made the top for that from a Briggs piston. The filter is held on by a long bolt that runs down thru the center and threads into a piece of steel inside the pipe.

Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? IM001212
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 9:37 pm

AcreFarm wrote:
I made an adapter for the carb from a PVC cap, and just used a little pipe & an elbow for the rest of it. I found a filter that would fit on top of the PVC and made the top for that from a Briggs piston. The filter is held on by a long bolt that runs down thru the center and threads into a piece of steel inside the pipe.

Where does your PCV breather go?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 10:00 pm

The block vents to a "puke tank" which is also made out of PVC pipe... it has a filter on it, and allows oil & pressure to leave the block and go back in. There is no factory breather.
Back to top Go down
chopsmith
chopsmith

PostSubject: Re: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 5:00 pm

akcender wrote:
AcreFarm wrote:

Where does your PCV breather go?

Nice work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?   Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who has made a snorkel air breather successfully?
Page 1 of 1