All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Headlight Protection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Headlight Protection Empty
PostSubject: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2011, 11:03 pm

I know it might sound weird but If im going to be driving through bush am I going to need anything to protect the Headlights from cracking or breaking? Im planning on putting them on my new push bar which and would be the first to hit any low branches. I don't want to have to replace a bulb because I was to lazy to put chicken wire or something over them. Im wondering if It would be necessary and if it is what could I use?

By the way heres a picture of my Push bar on my tractor, In case it matters.

Headlight Protection IMG_1291
This is just the Pushbar.

Headlight Protection IMG_1292
This is generally where the lights will be on the Push Bar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 7:20 am

If you can find those bulbs - you mean, theyre not easy to find - you might want to make something to bolt to the sheetmetal - that way the hood can still open normally .

Could do an 'exo skeleton' around the front - either using tubing or square stock - bolt it to the bottom of the hood run it up the sides and around the headlights.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 8:11 am

The Hood on my Tractor doesnt open like most tractors, It opens like a Car or a truck, only the Hood is hinged not the grill and original headlights. Heres a Picture to show you.

Headlight Protection HoodOpen
I really like how MTD built this tractor, almost everything I want to have on it.

I was just wondering for a Headlight Guard(something infront of the headlights so branches don't swing into them and smash them).
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 11:29 am

well you could put some metal mesh infront of them
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 2:24 pm

Dang - i shouldnt post when im tired - i actually have 2 of those style tractors and i totally forgot how the hood opens - shows how long its been since ive gotten out n tinkered on my stuff....
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 3:53 pm

CityRedneck wrote:
well you could put some metal mesh infront of them
Im just wondering what kind of mesh? would chicken wire do anything? I know it would be easy to put something like chicken wire in-front but if it doesn't so anything why bother.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2011, 10:45 pm

no like the mesh that fearlessfront is using for the foot rests on his racing mower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Protection   Headlight Protection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headlight Protection
Page 1 of 1