All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

tire wrasslin stand

Go down 
AuthorMessage

tire - tire wrasslin stand Empty
PostSubject: tire wrasslin stand   tire - tire wrasslin stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2012, 5:38 pm

I got tired of crawling around on the ground to change tires. when all the tricks for getting the bead seated dont work , you need to pull or push the tire on and its hard to do on the floor. I found a cheap pair of new paddle tires ($25 each). when I tried to mount them I had a hell of a time getting them to pop. thought about taking them to the tire shop after wasting about an hour. then I got to thinking about how they would do it different. they crank them down in the machine and push, pull and twist. thats when I decided I needed something like that.
I found a few on line. they had a bead breaker built in but you have to get on the floor to run and I already had one to put on the welding table. ( kinda cheap if you need one, not sure if they will work on mower tires though)
So I built this one for bolt on wheels, 'cause thats what I work on the most. can easily be changed to use on other wheels by adding a 5/8 bolt in the center.
after building this, I got both tires popped in about 15 minutes

tire - tire wrasslin stand Photo_062011_001

tire - tire wrasslin stand Photo_062011_002
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: tire wrasslin stand   tire - tire wrasslin stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2012, 7:27 pm

just an up date on the paddle tires, rides like crap. put them on an old cub cadet to push snow (if we get any this year) . thought I would try it out in the mud pit. made through once with the blade up, turned around and dropped the blade. got hung up about half way when I couldnt steer and the blade started dragging on the side of the pit. had to pull it out with the lgt195. (just bought a real cheap set of 29x12.5x15 aggies for it) shouldnt have and problem pushing snow, just need more padding for the seat.
check out tucker tire on ebay. they have tires listed at cost and bid up from there. nobody is bidding on the odd ball stuff.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: tire wrasslin stand   tire - tire wrasslin stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2012, 2:23 pm

I bot one of those manual changers from northern tools- it works pretty good - its a bench mount type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tire wrasslin stand   tire - tire wrasslin stand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tire wrasslin stand
Page 1 of 1